Silicone/sealant- gaskets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using copper head gaskets on motors for over 45 years. Some on 120CI Harley motors.
Have you checked to see your head and cylinder gasket surface are flat?
copper is good on 4 strokes where you have to be concerned about valve clearance, but on a 2 stroke where that's not an issue I like teflon because it compresses to a hair under 1 thou

Now on my 1/5 scale motors do not have per-say a head as the head is made on to the cylinder so I only use copper at the base there as I have had trouble with any other gaskets. Even thaw these engines turn WAY more RPM and MUCH more HP then these motor bike engines. Then on most of the motorcycle 2 cycle motors I have built most of them have copper head gaskets and turn WAY more RPM and more HP then these little motors. All so making sure the head and cylinder gasket surface is flat helps a lot. Thanks all for the input and for the fun of it I will try all 3 types of gaskets as my motor kit should be here today and I plain on taking the top end off before I install it to check things out.
Thanks
Jeff

These are not high HP but for 30cc they turn over 10K and put out 4 to5 HP or more. Some say they get these little engines to put out as much as 7HP or 8HP. I built these to try out different engines. I all so have one in my RC buggy. Been building motors including but not limited to doing all machine work for 45 or better years much of the time as a living. I have my own little machine shop.
Thanks
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back