Small Clutch Gear Is Shredded | Nightmare Refuses To Be Tamed

I've heard good & bad things about JRL, but that goes back to me on the hit & miss china parts. I've had good parts & bad parts from the same supplier b4. So it's a 50/50gamble in my eyes. Unless you spend good money on aftermarket parts from say, RDM, Arrow, smolik performance, places like that, u definitely get what you pay for.

Just personal preference, but I think CDH Power has good parts, I think they got there đź’© together, as in there parts manufacturing process. They might be a little higher priced than most, but there good.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That's usually how it works, buy extra parts then never need them. Oh well the way I look at it parts dont spoil. LOL

Every time I've seen a shredded small bevel the cause has been wobble.

The source of wobble is always one of the following:

The most common one I've witnessed is a bad install where the gear rode up the key funny in the keyway causing it not to seat on the shaft properly square to the clutch gear.

An improperly seated clutch gear ^same reasons

An out of true crankshaft or bent shaft end although these usually give other warning before you get in deep enough to blow the bevel flat
You do realize that the bevel gear's I.D. is tapered and sit's on a tapered shaft locked in place with a bolt. All these crankshafts are not trued from the factory as can be seen by manual rotation granted some are better than others but none are perfect. The clutch/basket gear can have 1mm of end play and also do not remain concentric between clutch engagement and disengagement.

Back