So you want an ebike for Christmas? How about this one?!!

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Was it an E / V or a hybrid???...Was it an electrical and or battery that started the fire???
It was gas powered. I think it was a Chevy something. It was a girl that I worked with. I don't know what caused it. She was driving and was so shook up that she just froze in the driver seat. Her boyfriend had to pull her out of the car. I saw pics and video of it burning.

Maybe it is the nerd in me... but at 1:50 he states that his GPS speedo is gonna be off because he has terrible WiFi in that area... I mean I hear that and I really can't take anything else he says seriously and I have 15 minutes left in the video...

Ummm WiFi is just the wireless connection 2.4 or 5.7 GHz for your devices to connect locally to other usually fixed devices that connect you to the internet. If he means his cellular connection, that has nothing to do with GPS as well. Maybe he has bad GPS reliability due to the tree coverage but there are no leaves so tree coverage shouldn't be a barrier either. It is probably just a crap device... Okay sorry. I will get off the know-it-all train now and watch the other 15 minutes just so I can see a fire.

LOL then when his bike catches fire... he pulls his phone out to call the fire dept? NOPE, he pulls his phone out to capture more video. Then he says he doesn't know what to do. Oh this poor guy.

Okay serious question here. What happened there? I assume that both front and rear hubs have motors. Did you see the spokes glowing from the motors? The fire was in the battery compartment but the glow on the spokes origninated from the hub motors while it was laying on the ground. What happened to send all that energy to the motors and them not spin?

EDIT: Oh wait NO! If you look, his spokes were already glowing when he pulled it off the road!

EDIT 2: Oh wait NO AGAIN! He has those little orange straws on his spokes at the beginning of the video... NEVERMIND!

Okay serious question here. What happened there? I assume that both front and rear hubs have motors. Did you see the spokes glowing from the motors? The fire was in the battery compartment but the glow on the spokes origninated from the hub motors while it was laying on the ground. What happened to send all that energy to the motors and them not spin?

EDIT: Oh wait NO! If you look, his spokes were already glowing when he pulled it off the road!

EDIT 2: Oh wait NO AGAIN! He has those little orange straws on his spokes at the beginning of the video... NEVERMIND!
And here he was complaining in the beginning of the video that he was cold...lol...Things got warm for him rather quickly...lol.

Back