[SOLD] - New Pre-ban GruBee 48cc Round-head engine

I have a 2005 GruBee 48cc round-head "Wing Ding II (also called Pico 50) engine (only) on eBay right now. This is from an unused kit that has been sitting on the shelf for four years. We're selling the engine from the kit because we're using the other parts from the kit for a four-stroke project.
The engine comes with the carburetor, mount extenders and extra spark plug. If you have an HT that's on its last legs, here's a great replacement engine. I have one of these on my '80 Western Flyer, and it's a strong runner. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160361192876&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Last edited:
UPS damaged the engine. It may still work, but I'm making a claim because the monkeys dropped it hard enough to break the spark plug off and dent 2 of the fins on the head, even in a bag inside a box of peanuts!

Make a note, guys, if you send a motor by anyone esp UPS, box it inside a box, and remove the spark plug from the head!

Apparently bubble wrap (2 bags) peanuts (a 15"x15"x15" box full of them) and 2 layers of cardboard aren't enough to keep UPS from FU your engine.

UPS is off the hook, for now. It was USPS. Sorry, I'm tired.

Last edited:
Well please excuse me!

I am sorry. The USPS (us Postal Service) is the one who broke the spark plug. Now, I'm really surprised. I am so used to a high rate of damage from UPS that I just now realized when I went to put in the tracking code!

Things are busy around here and I've been tired, working FT and pedalling only everywhere.
Pedalling is fun when you do it for fun, not with a backpack/panniers and after work and going to the store etc.

Wow it takes a long time to do claims even online. If you don't have a "transaction code", USPS will sit on their *** until they send a letter to the shipper and get it back with the numbers, then "process" your claim, which could take weeks.

**** USPS, even if they are the best of the big 3 shippers, for that.

I'm just going to change the plug and gasket and run it.

If you ship motors, pull the spark plug out! Wrap that sucker to survive a 10 foot drop to a hardwood floor (from the top of a stack of boxes in a diesel trailer or postal van).

Keep all the numbers and reciepts, and exchange phone #'s with your buyer/seller. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back