Some of you are more crazy then me lol

A chevelle is not a full size family sedan though. At least not the kind I am thinking of. I am talking Buick Electra 225 and Chrysler Imperials - aka Ocean Liners with wheels on them. Plus no stock 427 is turning 10k rpm - the 1967 L71 Corvette Tri Power peak HP came in at 5800
My father-in-law had a 76 Buick LeSabre with a 455, yea that didn't turn too fast either.

I hated classic cars I hate them big Ole engines making only like 140 hp. Now we have small 2 liter motors making 400 to 500 hp

I'm not touching that can of worms, but if you hate classic cars there's something wrong with you.

I hated classic cars I hate them big Ole engines making only like 140 hp. Now we have small 2 liter motors making 400 to 500 hp
I love modern engineering just as much as I love classic cars. Hating something for simply being old is an odd mindset to have. There are lessons to be learned from the past, and not everything that used to be done was a bad idea. What actually created the giant engines with no power wasn't the engineering of the time but government regulations on emissions.

I've worked on to many of them lol 8 million vacumn tunes. Huge exterior compared to interior. But to each there own

I'm not touching that can of worms, but if you hate classic cars there's something wrong with you.
Yep...My old 440 magnum w/6 pack and posi rear end would make breakfast out of most cars back in the day...Used to love going around 90 to 100 MPH, slam it to the floor and hear the rear tires chirp as it nailed you to your seat takin off for the stars...lol...Those were the days...When your speedometer and gas gauge would move in different directions and one would climb and the other would fall at almost the same speed with one another...lol...lol.

When your speedometer and gas gauge would move in different directions and one would climb and the other would fall at almost the same speed with one another...lol...lol.
This makes me miss my Riviera. 455 with TA stage 2 heads and dual quad intake, 10.5:1 compression and one of TA's more aggressive "street" cams. 2 Rochester 500cfm carbs. Floored I think I got .5mpg... maybe .25. I could watch the gas gauge move 😅 I called it my 2 tons of fun.

Floored I think I got .5mpg... maybe .25. I could watch the gas gauge move 😅
Oh what a feeeling...lol...lol...Then everyone started buying Toyota's...lol...lol.

Their theme tune for the commercial should have been, 'Oh what a let down to drive Toyota'...Especially for any of us who were used to driving good old fashioned American muscle cars...lol.

Oh what a feeeling...lol...lol...Then everyone started buying Toyota's...lol...lol.

Their theme tune for the commercial should have been, 'Oh what a let down to drive Toyota'...Especially for any of us who were used to driving good old fashioned American muscle cars...lol.

Funny thing about this is... I also had an 88 Toyota Tercel at the time. I loved that little car. It got 44mpg and would just not die. 300k miles on it when the main wiring plug finally shorted and melted from corrosion.

Back