Stage 2 Video 47.5 Mph Top Speed

Ghost Rider

Fisher Technologies isn't interested in the marketing and manufacturing of there yoke arm.

They desire only to see it on the worlds market.

Of course they will get a percentage of everything that is sold.

They are inventors not manufacturers.

We can only hope that it all comes together and preforms as anticipated.
With the ban on importing chineese engines and the tighter EPA regulations...this is our best hope for the 2 stroke in the future.

Hi Rich, this is exactly what i want, and as you said: I have never had a shift kit however i would very much like one.
If i took the engine and narrowed the powerband i could produce more power at lower rpm which would be ideal for a shift kit situation.

This is the main reason why i want a crankcase, reed valve intake: high efficiency with low inake reversion characteristics at lower rpms, giving much higher torque.
Even a cylinder ported reed valve system would help to boost low and mid rpm torque over a piston ported cylinder.

As i have a shift kit, my preferred power curve would be to have a torque graph that goes vertical from 2000 rpm and then runs dead flat to 4000 rpm; tapering away fairly quickly, making useless power at 5000 rpm.

All i need is a good 3 horsepower from 2000 to 4000 rpm.
In reality though, the only way to get so much torque at low revs is to increase engine capacity.
My ideal engine would have a capacity of 120cc, tuned for max torque, yet using the standard NT carburettor.

Efficient at low and lazy rpms with an even quieter sounding muffler than the standard exhaust system.

Do you (or Pirate Cycles) have a release date for the reed valve intake?

Fabian

Last edited:
We were originally planning for april 30 on the stage 3.

Realistically i think it may take another month.

There are alot of drawings that need made and then everything needs to be machined.

As far as a reed valve intake for the piston ported cylinder i do have 1 of those now.

In order to perfect the stage 1 and 2 i had to set it aside for a bit.

I did however run it for a short time successfully.
Now that i have the carb and engine tuned in really good i feel it would be a good time to test it again.

Here is the thing about the reed valve.

There really isn't a huge gain in power simply by adding a reed valve.
This honestly is a misconception.

If you consider the fact that a properly tuned expansion chamber causes a suction wave to draw extra fuel / air in and a returning pulse to close the exhaust port and increase the pressure in the cylinder up to 7 psi.
We utilize the chamber to manage these losses due to the piston ported cylinder.

So a tuned pipe of the right type will add more bottom end than a reed valve will.

So when will you see gains from a reed valve ????

In order to net gains by using a reed valve, boost porting needs to be added to the cylinder.

The reed valve then stops the escape of charge that would occour due to the boost ports.

Now it is fact that it's not really the reed valve that adds the power.
It is the increase in transfer port area due to the addition of boost porting that allows the engine to operate more efficcently.

Realisticly it would be nearly impossible to add the correct boost porting to the stock cylinder.

But i do have some ideas.

Now if we machine a billet cylinder the porting can be corrected to utilize the reed valve.

I know that this isn't what you wanted to hear but unfortunatly it is the truth.:cry:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW IT IS VERY POSSIBLE TO GET MIND BLOWING BOTTOM END.

Here are my reccomendations.

In order for an engine to operate efficcently it needs the ability to breethe.
Through the proper use of porting the engine can be made to breathe efficcently for a given rpm range.

However doing that alone will not help if the exhaust system causes any restriction.

U guessed it ......Back to the old expansion chamber.
The angle of the cones as well as the length of the pipe determine the effective powerband of the pipe.
A pipe designed to have a powerband within the desired rpm range will yeild the greatest results.

As well the Header is very very important too.
Not just the length but the diameter.
Remember we want the engine to breath like it has no exhaust on it at all.
and we utilize the sound waves in the chamber to cause the needed backpressure.
We want 0 backpressure caused by flow.

Today wether permitting i will proove this theory.

I have a BENNESAR expansion chamber as you have seen.
My hold up has been the header.
I got my 180 degree elbow and pipe from WolfAircraft yesterday.
It is in process of being welded together right now.

So whats the deal with this ????

My header pipe has a 1 1/8 inch inside diameter.
Thats huge.....as big as you gonna get with the stud spacing.
This certinly will help the engine to breethe.

also the expansion chamber has a 1 1/8" diameter inlet.

We want seamless flow.

I will post my results but i am positive i will see a great increase in bottom end.

In the video i was using a SBP expansion chamber with a modifyed header and stinger.

Want to test this theory yourself.

Take the exhaust off of your engine.
Put the choke on some cause you will need to run rich very rich.
Allmaost to the point of 4 stroking.

And go for a ride.

I bet your bottom end will be off the hook....Trust me.

Ghost Rider

Fisher Technologies isn't interested in the marketing and manufacturing of there yoke arm.

They desire only to see it on the worlds market.

Of course they will get a percentage of everything that is sold.

They are inventors not manufacturers.

We can only hope that it all comes together and preforms as anticipated.
With the ban on importing chineese engines and the tighter EPA regulations...this is our best hope for the 2 stroke in the future.

Just be careful. If you are commissioning them to build a prototype, make sure you've got all the legal stuff in order. They could easily have someone else manufacture the kits for them if you don't have a bulletproof agreement.

As far as a "ban on Chinese engines" - there is no such thing. The EPA doesn't "ban" anything. It tightens regulations so that cheap and simple engines like two strokes and L head four strokes cannot be sold. Look at the things like personal watercraft and outboards. To meet EPA guidelines, they need to have electronic fuel management. This has raised the cost to the point where people can't easily afford them. To be sold here, your engine will need to pass the same EPA tests as any other engine, from China, Japan or anywhere.

Exactlly why this technology is important.

It will pass EPA requirements with flying colors.

And there is no major increase in the cost of manufacture either.

Could be good for alot more than just bicycles.

I looked at the two vids. Seems to me there are a lot of parts buzzing around, what is supposed to be the advantage to this?

#1 there is a mechanical efficcency gained due to the lever arm.

#2 the con rod angle is decreased greatly which reduces friction and lowers the forces imposed on the little end.

#3 It is all about the use of Piston Dwell.

@ TDC the distance the piston travels to the number of degrees the crankshfat rotates is altered.

Less piston travel is turned into more crankshaft rotation during the period of time when combustion is at its peak.

This turns the combustion into more work and has less loss.

It makes the engine much more efficcent.

Hi Rich,

All the reasons you have listed are similar or identical to the Atkinson cycle of operation.

Can you please list the advantages of the Fischer Technologies mechanical design versus the Atkinson mechanical design.

Fabian

Society breeds them

Honestly? I have a hard time taking a product or upgrades seriously when presented in such an unresponsible way. The vid shows an MBer on busy city streets (full of potholes) and then on a more limited access highway and touts speeds of 45+ mph.

Where I live the moped law states 50cc or less and a top attainable speed of 30mph and operating speed of 25mph. It also excludes MBs from higher speed state highways.

If the vid was done on a closed track or private parking area say, even a country road with less traffic it would have more cred. In my book, I don't see it doing you any favors.

Firstly, I don't approve of jack*** behavior. I heard of some kid here in Vancouver (USA) using his gold "bling bling" MB and weaving on an off of the sidewalk. If I see him I'm just gonna call the darn cops. I don't want to lose my "privilege" to operator a vehicle, that in my opinion, is the most efficient "under the radar" vehicle today. Secondly, just want to ask how many people have access to a race track? Thirdly, private parking could get you charged with trespassing (not good for MB'ers), Thirdly, country roads are dangerous; there are potholes, shrubbery on the road, possible chance of a deer stepping in front of you at night (happened to me) it was spooky. Lastly, my experience on country roads are that people in cars are thinking the same. Cars speed much faster down country roads, when I was way younger and I use to drink all night or all day long I would drive my car home down back roads, as do most drinkers. Moreover, hospitals and EMT's are mostly located near populated areas. I am not condoning his behavior, but there are variables that control our daily lives and sometimes the devient in all of us just needs to come out.

Back