Stupid Mistake. Now bike won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStrayMule

Local time
11:41 AM
I think I may have multiple problems... I have no experience with motors whatsoever abd I mixed my fuel wrong and it was wayyy too thick and eventually stopped running. Now it won't start with the right mixture either. Its leaking alot from the carb and pipe too. Suggestions?

what you mean to thick what you put to much oil in it or what more specific cant help if we dont know whats going on . If thats what you mean easy fix take out plug clean plug take off exaust and try to clean out the best you can get out as much as possible . Then empty carb take it off and drain it might half to take off the bowl some people will say no but i would get fresh gas and put it in a lided bowl and put carb by its self in the bowl and clean out all the oil by gently sloshing it around with the lid on .It cleans everything good that way while you got plug out and exaust off ride bike and release clutch and blow all that oil out of the motor. And also you will need to clean your tank with fresh gas mix 1 gallon gas to 8ozs oil and thats it no more or less.and reassemle everything back to where it is suppose to be . Then try it again with everything rite i bet it will start rite up mite sputter a little bit till it gets all that extra oil out need more help let us know

Yeah I definitely mixed too much oil in. I took the carb apart and cleaned it, and went ahead and bought a new plug, but it wont start.. I'll try taking of the exhaust and seeing if I can get the oil out of there. Thanks and I hope it works! I'll let you know :)

Check and make sure your coil is firing also if you messed up the coil or its not wired rite it will not start either. So check every thing over and over there is no reason for it not to start. Is your clutch engageing and disengageing you could still have a clogged jet. Here is a idea on the bottom of the tank where you have your fuel value drain tank and take it off take the screen off of it for a minute and look down the shut off value move it to see if there is lite from the other side it could be clogged up also mine is a one way value it will only let fuel flow from one direction and thats with the handle pointed down leave the screen off and get a inline fuel filter for it and see if that dont help if not i bet it is the coil.

too much oil in the gas can cause a lot of problems. the ignition systems on these motors are not the best to begin with. oil is harder to ignite than gasoline so if you have too much oil in the gas, it will have a hard time igniting the mix.
pull the spark plug out and check the plug gap. io think it should be around 28 thousandths. turn the motor over with the spark plug out of it to bplow any excess gas and oil out of the cylinder. take the float bowl off the carb and clean it out with straight gasoline or carb cleaner. make sure to spry it up into the jet because the oil is thick enough to clog the jet. drain all of the gas and oil out of your gas tank and put iin some fresh gas (without any oil mixed in it.) give the tank a few swirls to allow the gas to clean the inside of the tank. this will get any puddles of oil out of the tank. clean your fuel shut off valve by running straight gasoline or carb cleaner through it, and do the same thing with your fuel line to clean it out.
once tyou have everything cleaned, check the spark plug to make sure it has spark. if there is no spark, go buy a new spark plug (NGK) and try it again.
if you have spark, re-assemble everything and mix up some 32:1 fuel and pour it in the tank.
turn the gas on and wait a minute for the float bowl to fill up and try to start it. if your carb has a primer button push it once or twice before you try to start it up.
if you have spark, air, and good fuel it should run.

well stray mule any luck yet let us know so maybe theres is something we overlooked cause we want you to get it going there is no need spending all that money and not be able to enjoy it ......................

here's another thing...if you are not getting any fuel flow out of the gas tank on-off valve, give the valve a few taps with the plastic handle of a screwdriver.
I had an on-off valve get stuck closed, and a few taps on the outside opened it right up.

YES yes and yes to everything above, Your best bet is to clean out real good

DONT even hook up the fuel lines, Get the sparkplug clean, tight, and gap'd Make sure your kill switch is DISCONNECTED, Tape the end of the white wire, then spray some starting fluid in The carb and try to start it if you hear even 1 or 2 pops then your ignition and compression are good for sure, then check your fuel mixture (when making new gas) Fill the tank, open the valve and see if gas Pours onto the ground, If yes then add your fuel line and other filter and turn gas back on again and check for flow, if yes then connect to carb. Turn on gas, press the Tickle button a couple of times and try to start the bike, While tinkering with the Choke from FULL ON (TOP) to half , to FULL OFF (bottom) if choke doesnt help it start remove the air filter and try again... If still no luck Check and make sure when you move the choke lever that the little "(0)==" moves around, Then try again......

If it still doesnt start.... You did remove the kill switch right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back