Substitute piston/rings for 66cc/80cc China engine (47mm bore)

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is all the BRUHA HA on rings because of the excessive ware on the chrome cylinders? I ask because no one has mentioned premature failure, out of round, prone to cracking or shattering.

Last edited:
Is all the BRUHA HA on rings because of the excessive ware on the chrome cylinders? I ask because no one has mentioned premature failure, out of round, prone to cracking or shattering.

It’s was just coincidence that the post got brought up and I just found those rings to try

Than the local clown came along

Nothing more from me.

Last edited:
Figure it out yet stoned man?

Stoned man hey? I own my own stonemason business,
My wife tells people like you to sweep the floor hahaha

What I have figured out is your a complete moron with no idea what your doing
Your what we refer to as a magazine mechanic, a NARMA
“Not a real mechanics Arseh*&$”
I wouldn’t even give you a back yard title yet lol

It’s was just coincidence that the post got brought up and I just found those rings to try

Than the local clown came along

Nothing more from me.
Well when you have a chrome bore the options are few, iron rings and steel rings, NO chrome plated or stainless so the stock iron rings are a good choice, one of the processes I have been using for the last 40 or so years is teflon impregnation by a comany called EMC Process Co a NASA space shuttle off shoot, no sh-t rocket science. I have two engines apart that will be getting treated one a brand new 50cc for a wear test, I have only used this process on two 2 strokes but on nearly 100 four strokes engines and manual trans it might be the answer to short bore life on the chinese motors.

Well when you have a chrome bore the options are few, iron rings and steel rings, NO chrome plated or stainless so the stock iron rings are a good choice, one of the processes I have been using for the last 40 or so years is teflon impregnation by a comany called EMC Process Co a NASA space shuttle off shoot, no sh-t rocket science. I have two engines apart that will be getting treated one a brand new 50cc for a wear test, I have only used this process on two 2 strokes but on nearly 100 four strokes engines and manual trans it might be the answer to short bore life on the chinese motors.

I don’t know if I will use them or toss them yet, it just so happened the post popped up at the same time

I have 5 cyclinders I got in my order I wasn’t happy with and are being replaced
So I was contemplating attempting to re sleeve them. Something I haven’t done or seen done so was keen to at least learn the process that people use

It’s all time I just don’t have with Work and the fam atm :)

Resleeving is pretty straight forward and can be done on a lathe, finding proper sleeves at a good price is difficult.

I always used a company called LA Sleeve, west coast USA but they $70/90 a sleeve. if you could find some iron tubing spun cast tight grain of a proper size, would work.

I always used a company called LA Sleeve, west coast USA but they $70/90 a sleeve. if you could find some iron tubing spun cast tight grain of a proper size, would work.

Feels like quick game of tennis!

Thanks for that, you have given me a great start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back