suggestions

Everyone has their own opinion about aluminum frames, the first bike I built is the black O.P. cruiser which is aluminum, I built it in 2011. The reason it hasn't had any problems is the 48cc engine, it has very little vibration. I have a 66cc on my other bike and it has more vibration.

I couldnt pass it up for the price. Is it THAT bad? I know they are better with steel and I didn't even think about frame material until I had it home and was putting it together.
No, it's not THAT bad, my GT frame with the built in gas tank is made of aluminum. Aluminum will vibrate more than steel but if you really want to reduce vibration get a good pipe and a silencer. I have 2 bikes, one is a late 80s Peugeot with a steel frame and other is the aluminum GT2-A frame. The GT2 vibrates less because it has a really good silencer made for motorcycles, it purrs like a kitten with that on it. The Peugeot has a basic sick bike parts expansion pipe with a small muffler built on it that helps reduce sound but doesn't do much for vibration. Pic---> https://motoredbikes.com/media/pic_3013-jpg.61653/

Last edited:
The biggest issue with vibration from 2 strokes really isn't the sound, its mostly from balance and timing. There are tons of threads that touch on both with tons of good info. Its much less of a heartache to learn from other's mistakes than your own.

My current and only completed / ridden bike is on a steel frame and I don't really think it vibrates too bad. I can't wait until I get this aluminum one going to compare.

No, it's not THAT bad, my GT frame with the built in gas tank is made of aluminum. Aluminum will vibrate more than steel but if you really want to reduce vibration get a good pipe and a silencer. I have 2 bikes, one is a late 80s Peugeot with a steel frame and other is the aluminum GT2-A frame. The GT2 vibrates less because it has a really good silencer made for motorcycles, it purrs like a kitten with that on it. The Peugeot has a basic sick bike parts expansion pipe with a small muffler built on it that helps reduce sound but doesn't do much for vibration. Pic---> https://motoredbikes.com/media/pic_3013-jpg.61653/
Tyler if your running a engine from me it is balanced.

Tyler if your running a engine from me it is balanced.
Hey man!! Good to see you posting on here! Yeah, it's balanced, but the engine on the Peugeot was also advertised as having a balanced crank. I got that one years ago when stock balanced cranks were still new, is it as good? probably not, but it had to be pretty balanced since I have well over 2500 miles on it, I don't know how out of balance it could be after riding it that many miles though. Still I think the silencer has a positive effect on vibration, or maybe it just directs the vibrations away from the bike and makes it seem like it's less or something.

should be fine as long as you watch curbs and pootholes:ROFLMAO: messed up keyboard and dont be these guys youll be fine my Angel Roller V2 is alum. shes had no structrual issues for sure only suspenssion it has is a 100mm travel seatpost i love it

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
My neighbor has a kent 29 inch bike and it is aluminum. Has held up for the past 6 months he has 26 inch wheels on it now. bikeberry stage 3.

Back