Suzuki K10 forks and handlebar risers

BruceBanner1983

Local time
1:30 AM
I’ve already installed the forks on my bike, and I’m actually in the process of a rebuild of a purchased bike that I am customizing to my preferences, but anyway, the K10 top tree is designed for 3/4 handlebars. I’m just wondering if 7/8 risers will bolt right up? Not sure if the bolt pattern is the same between 3/4 and 7/8 top trees on motorcycle forks? The top tree is aluminum and I don’t want to drill new holes or ream the existing clamp. I had a pair of these forks before, and reamed the clamp to accept 7/8 bars and the top piece of the handlebar clamp cracked. So I don’t want to risk anything cracking this time.

I’ve already installed the forks on my bike, and I’m actually in the process of a rebuild of a purchased bike that I am customizing to my preferences, but anyway, the K10 top tree is designed for 3/4 handlebars. I’m just wondering if 7/8 risers will bolt right up? Not sure if the bolt pattern is the same between 3/4 and 7/8 top trees on motorcycle forks? The top tree is aluminum and I don’t want to drill new holes or ream the existing clamp. I had a pair of these forks before, and reamed the clamp to accept 7/8 bars and the top piece of the handlebar clamp cracked. So I don’t want to risk anything cracking this time.
Some pictures would help us visualize this build & the possibly to give better recommendations.

Some pictures would help us visualize this build & the possibly to give better recommendations.
I haven’t figured out how to post pics from my phone. File extensions keep getting denied. But here’s a link to the Suzuki top tree and to a pair of 7/8 risers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185258878968 Suzuki top tree. Some are 7/8, some are 3/4.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...m8GVpf2BAxU_p4kEHbTQBvoQwg8oAHoECAIQEw&adurl= pair of 7/8 handlebar risers. Idk if the bolt pattern for motorcycle handlebars is universal or not. That’s really the question I’m trying to ask here. I was hoping someone would know. I’m honestly not sure if pics or links are going to help anyone who may not know, determine the answer, but we will give it a shot.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I haven’t figured out how to post pics from my phone. File extensions keep getting denied. But here’s a link to the Suzuki top tree and to a pair of 7/8 risers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185258878968 Suzuki top tree. Some are 7/8, some are 3/4.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...m8GVpf2BAxU_p4kEHbTQBvoQwg8oAHoECAIQEw&adurl= pair of 7/8 handlebar risers. Idk if the bolt pattern for motorcycle handlebars is universal or not. That’s really the question I’m trying to ask here. I was hoping someone would know. I’m honestly not sure if pics or links are going to help anyone who may not know, determine the answer, but we will give it a shot.
Ok fabricate a rectangle plate to bolt to the 4 original handle bar triple tree mounting holes. The drill your plate for the billet handle bar risers. Bolt the billet risers to the plate 1st. Then bolt down the fabricated plate to the 4 handle bar mounting holes. Then store/save the top plate.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Ok fabricate a rectangle plate to bolt to the 4 original handle bar triple tree mounting holes. The drill your plate for the billet handle bar risers. Bolt the billet risers to the plate 1st. Then bolt down the fabricated plate to the 4 handle bar mounting holes. Then store/save the top plate.
Yeah I think I’m just gonna order the risers and see if the bolt patterns match up first. If I need to go the route of fabricating a plate, I will. I searched for 3/4-7/8 adapters and all I found were 7/8 risers. I don’t think 3/4 handlebars are even made anymore, and the lack of such an adapter leads me to believe the bolt hole pattern might be the same.

Yeah I think I’m just gonna order the risers and see if the bolt patterns match up first. If I need to go the route of fabricating a plate, I will. I searched for 3/4-7/8 adapters and all I found were 7/8 risers. I don’t think 3/4 handlebars are even made anymore, and the lack of such an adapter leads me to believe the bolt hole pattern might be the same.
Yeah that would be awesome if the bolt pattern/spacing is the same!!! If the bolt spacing was different you could fabricate a mounting plate. Or mill 1 out of aluminum with a wood router & carbide bits.

Sure I could do that if I had those tools lol.
Many of us here didn't a lot of skills or tools in the beginning. The longer you're here and the more serious you get in this hobby; the more skills and tools you'll have.

Several of us have come up with ways to do complex builds while not breaking the bank either. Cutting expenses while not compromising safety is a skill within itself.

You have to move the goal posts to be inline with your: budget, skills, time and tools. If you have unrealistic goals, you could get stuck in a forever project that's a frustrating money pit. Move the goal posts to be inline with reality and you get a good project, which is still a money pit but at least it's fun.

Back