Texas Titan

When I saw the FedEx truck pull up to my warehouse this morning at 9am I ran out to the parking lot yelling it's here it's here! It was the longest day ever, luckily I had to work my tail off so I didn't have to think about waiting till I got home.
The Texas Titan is the fastest, coolest, smoothest ride ever. I hope mine will be too.
I would have more installed tonight but I have stuff like feeding, bathing and tucking in the kids.
Anyhow, it's going on a bike from walmart with 24 inch wheels and suspension all the way around.
Why 24 you ask. I have some friends who just barely can't ride on 26's and the only thing better than riding a motorbike is riding motorbikes with someone else.
The kit looks simple enough, not too many parts. I'm guessing Duane made most pieces by hand, like welding the sprockets to the jacksaft and PTO.

More to come. Someone else is getting their Titan soon too.:D

Attachments

• Texas Titan.jpg
    Texas Titan.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 516
  • Titan Kit.JPG
    Titan Kit.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 481
  • jack.JPG
    jack.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 446
  • new bike.JPG
    new bike.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 625
  • Clutch.JPG
    Clutch.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 447
Does it flip back away from the bike?
Yea you would think that's the best,but I like that center stand. I wonder if the frame stand does a better job. The frame stand has three points of contact. Stand,front and back tire.
Center stand. Two stands and the back OR front tire.

Large, I have the center stand and the bike sits on both tires.

Not to rain on the parade but that engine looks hideous on the bike. It look like a 2.2 4 cylinder out of a cavailer on the back of the bike IMO. Its way to high. way to big. I can get 40mph out of my 40cc leaf blower motor on my bike and it is not even half that size, and its a husky, i'm sure my engine will outlast almost anything, but owell what do i know, anyway nice bike atleast.

I think it's a masterpiece.Seriously. I think it looks awesome on that bike. Okay. I own one too. I know how it looks with being an owner and all. Scott's bike is a smaller bike so that's part of it I guess. But the ride is so much quieter than my other bike. Yes I find myself repeating this.
Down the road I may paint the red on my engine with color match paint.
If you compare this engine kit with other 4 stroke engine kits the Gebe has a sleek design and the hands down winner in looks but it's expensive. That's the honest fact. Then you have other rack kits with the engine way off to the side of the bike.
It's all about choices. I really wanted to get the GEBE but then I thought about some of the seedy areas I usually ride around. How easy it would be for someone to just cut my belt then I'm done till another belt comes in the mail.
My kit is chain drive. In fact,it's a bicycle chain even. Even if Scott's chain breaks down he can run and get a BMX chain at Wal Mart.
Sorry for making comparisons. I really have no right to judge another kit especially one I've never had the pleasure of checking out. But these things were all based on my choices as to what to get.
And I have no regrets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not cryin

Yeah it's big on a 24 but it sure as heck is fun and I can afford it. I do plan on drilling some holes in the t posts so I can lower it down to a nicer level.
I went for a 10 mile ride today on my lunch break and passed through the "seedy" part of town. I saw the cops at an apartment complex with two men sitting on the curb.
Well of course the cops flagged me down so I pulled into the complex and killed the motor.
OMG they got such a kick out of it. Duane one of them wrote down your website. "This is exactly what I've been looking for" said one officer. Before I knew it they had about 7 people standing around talking about my bike. "It's amazing you figured something like that out, 130MPG???".
It was so cool. He said "you know there's probably some laws regarding this sort of thing, but I wouldn't stop you or write you a ticket. Thanks for stopping."

I watch COPS sometimes and the first question they ask is "Why didn't you stop? All I was gonna do is tell you your light is out." I always stop when they tell me to.
:D:cool::cool::D I love it!

Yeah it's big on a 24 but it sure as heck is fun and I can afford it. I do plan on drilling some holes in the t posts so I can lower it down to a nicer level.
I went for a 10 mile ride today on my lunch break and passed through the "seedy" part of town. I saw the cops at an apartment complex with two men sitting on the curb.
Well of course the cops flagged me down so I pulled into the complex and killed the motor.
OMG they got such a kick out of it. Duane one of them wrote down your website. "This is exactly what I've been looking for" said one officer. Before I knew it they had about 7 people standing around talking about my bike. "It's amazing you figured something like that out, 130MPG???".
It was so cool. He said "you know there's probably some laws regarding this sort of thing, but I wouldn't stop you or write you a ticket. Thanks for stopping."

I watch COPS sometimes and the first question they ask is "Why didn't you stop? All I was gonna do is tell you your light is out." I always stop when they tell me to.
:D:cool::cool::D I love it!

Glad you like it and the cops are cool with it, wish the cops around here would tell me the same thing lol

I'll take reliability and comfort over looks any day. Nice job Scott!
I noticed with my xr75 that the extra weight of the rack mounted engine made the rear end kinda bouncy. Tightening up the rear suspension fixed the problem... in case you're experiencing anything similar.
Good luck with your build, may she last you for years and thousands of miles to come.

I am seriously envious right now! I'm selling my happy time bike pretty soon and am after a 4 stroke. Duane would you ship to the UK? And how much in total would it be? A reliable, fast, efficient 4 stroke is the gap in the market and you have just filled it! Looks like a win win situation to me!

You may have to disguise the engine with a milk crate or something fastboy. The bobbies may not be able to ignore the engine on your bike when it's exposed that much more than the HT.

You may have to disguise the engine with a milk crate or something fastboy. The bobbies may not be able to ignore the engine on your bike when it's exposed that much more than the HT.
I was thinking that, improving the muffler to make it super quiet; and perhaps disguising the engine as bicycle panniers. There should be a frame mount option too.

fastboy, dax is currently doing testing. he said it will be months before hes done, cause he wants to be thorough.

--tater.

Back