The screw next to the flower nut is turning but it won't come out.

it is supposed to be an m4, you might want to get a tap and retap the threads on the clutch plate before running a new one in, seems that the manufacturing is sloppy on these, go figure. If you have an ace hardware near you they are a good source for metric fasteners etc.

I think it's M4
Ooh and it's magnetic! o_O

Here it is against a M5 disc rotor bolt
1489343650177-26471599.jpg

Post edited due to misleading information! :oops:

Last edited:
3.93 mm is a 5/32 inch. It looks like your caliper is off by a mm lol
But that's outside of the thread. I'll check again.
Yes your right Frank. I'm used to naming bolts by the allen key that fits them and not by the measurements of the thread itself. Years of habit and i must apologise.
M4 allen head brake rotor bolt measures at 4.94ish, outside the thread, which must mean it's an M5 thread.
So the clutch plate flower nut locking screw is an M4.
14893447749681064861777.jpg
1489344903933-22115261.jpg

Last edited:
I used a 2mm drill bit drilled right into the middle of cross head- wasnt going any further- I pushed in with the hammer drill- but just refused to budge. Eventually the drill bit snapped right off :(
I was wondering if I could somehow hold that screw from turning while I drilled by holding with screw pliers- but I realised if that was to work and head was big enough for the pliers to hold on to then I wouldn't need to drill in the first place. I don't want to waste more drill bits by experimenting on my own- any advice to prevent further sadness?

Back