Throttle body injection for Honda gx 50

Between emissions and fuel economy, it looks like fuel injection will likely be the future for all internal combustion engines - regardless of size.

Not a bad thing though, and I'd certainly never want to go back to carburation in my cars and truck. It is a major bummer when you brake down many miles from help and have minimal diagnostic equipment and no access to parts. From experience, I now take a small box that contains a spare already programmed ECU, every sensor and every ignition part with me when I head out to the back country. We have a Pick-N-Pull wrecking yard in the area, and as such the prices for these parts used isn't too bad.

Last edited:
Yes, they are the same.
There is a vertical model too but it's pretty rare.

I have 2 Honda GXH 50cc and 1 Huasheng 50cc clone.

What kind of vehicle are you building? 2 wheel or more?

I want to build a four wheeler. Still working on the fi system. Finalizing the sensors. Also planning to build a small dyno to test the engine. Has anyone of you tried something like that?

Thanks for the information. Mass production would mean comparitively easier availability of parts for converting a small engine to efi.:cool:

small_engine_fuel_injection_conversion_kit_gy6_gx_honda_cub_1.jpg

MBE Motorsports inc. has released the world's first small engine EFI conversion kit. This EFI kit can convert any small engine to Electronic fuel injection. It has great advantage over the carburetor system, it will increase power acceleration and reduce fuel consumption. http://www.mbe-motorsports.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back