Tinker, tinker, tinker....

Hammond Egger

Local time
9:06 PM
And all I wanted to do was just ride. Thanks to sickbikeparts I got the problem of a 30mm engine mount to put on a bike with a 40mm tube solved, now I'm working on trying to get a sprocket with a 37mm hole to fit over a 39mm dust cap. The people that make these engine kits need to try and put one on a bike sometime. I'm semi-retired and I only have to things....time and money and it looks like I'm going to need a lot of both of them for this hobby. The good news is that I took a falcon coaster brake hub apart to clean and regrease it and it only took me two days to figure out how to put it back together. I'm the kind of guy that thinks I can make four $139.00 Schwinns last longer than one $556.00 worksman. What do you think?

Welcome to MBc Hammond Egger. You have the right idea, as you need to be a tinkerer to truly enjoy this hobby. As to your 37mm inside diameter on your sprocket, a Dremel tool can do wonders there.

Some guys mount the dust cap outside the motor sprocket and then trim the dust cap.

Back