Top Choice- Electric Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or from people that are going a fraction of your desired speed. most of us here go 30 minimum without pedals..
You ever hear the story of the young bull and the old bull? I could ride 3 X that speed on my Honda if I choose to... you know STREET RIDERZ. lol I ride where you can't and the moving speed is anywhere between 15 and 25 on long days. Short rides I cruze and listen to the music, and the birds, and everything else. There most definitely are right and wrong bikes. Try a long ride on a downhill bike, try riding through snow with 700C tires, try carrying panniers on a mountain bike, try riding a smoker anywhere but roads and long driveways, try... s**t I could keep this up all night. I wanted something that could do all those things. It's not that hard to get things right when you know what you want.

Bassett Hound :ROFLMAO:
DSCF1917.JPG

the battery u folks listed is 2 expensive
I have a 48v 20ah battery that costed like 180 dollars brand new from ebay...
or can do batteryhookup.com

Somehow the price of the ebike wheels and batteries on ebay have went up, for whatever reason maybe chinese suppliers from the virus....
So will cost 210 dollars for the battery instead right now...

Expect to only get 30mph - 33MPH at 48v, 20ah battery... No faster...

You can buy another 48v battery, run in series for 96volts, and can get maybe 45mph??? Haven't tried it yet...
Would have to spend an extra 40$ on a new; 108v controller though...

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yep, gonna order 2
yeah wrench if you want to put to 2 in series to get 50mph you would need one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/120V-1500W...395107?hash=item263a91dd23:g:cvcAAOSwB-hetlKo

Cause 108 volts (48v empty, 54v full charge) will fry the one that comes with the 200 dollar ebike kit.....

These BLDC hub motors can handle a lot, and i think they can handle the voltage, you just need to keep it cool. Like if you are gonna run 108 volts instead of 54v into it, stop every so miles and put your hand against the motor. If its too hot to touch, let it cool down..... 108/96 volts should get you 45mph at least on an ebike... Obviously with the throttle, you can run regulate the speed up to 45mph...
If you put the 2 batteries in parell, you will get 48v, 30mph but 2x the range....

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks for the info
with motors there is a direct relationship between voltage and RPM.... Question becomes is there enough torque to supply that rpm, and yes usually there is enough. These motors have more torque than a gas engine... A lot more!!!!! It will flip up on level ground if you want it to.
endlessphere is a good place for ebikes... They have lots of expertise and will brain talk you into phase voltage, mosfets, and college level EE theory sometimes!!!! Lol
With 2 in parell you will do 30mph, series maybe 40+... Only thing u have to worry about is that you need both batteries to have equal charge when you to begin with and verified with a multimeter... Like if you start with one battery at 54v and the other is at 52v, thats a big problem as current will try to charge up that 52v and maybe mess up the cells... If they both read the same, you dont need to check again, cause they will be drained equally by the motor...
Some people who get scared of putting stuff in parrell or series, put stud diodes to make sure the current goes one way... It is not "necessarily" like in india or 3rd world u get away with it, but if you are worried and have the money, invest 20 dollars in stud diodes off ebay and wire em up accordingly....

Last edited:
Dont worry about the BMS cause you battery comes with one unlesss you are making a custom battery....
Pretend its not in the drawing and just wire it as if it was the batteries + and - lead....
Basically, motors due to Faradays Law of Magnetism, and such, to start a motor, it will at first throw a back EMF (electro magnetic force) cause motors have inertia. Like newtons law if you kick a ball, the ball pushes back on you equal and magnitude, similar here thing with a motor. You throw 54v at a motor, motor will throw back 54??? Voltage back to you.... The diodes are there to block it.... Not entirely necessarily but just good "practice". Hey in shenzhen where they weld with news-paper masks and sunglassses, i think they would stamp approval without the diodes. If doing just one battery or 2 in parelll then dont need it cause the BMS already handles it... Its only if you do 2 batteries in series to get that 45MPH u need the diodes..
This is a sample diode you would use: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1N1184RA-S...883656&hash=item2a6fba5d67:g:ZdgAAOSwJ59Z2mhT But just find one thats above 108, this one is only 100...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back