top speed please.

My Non-Dacs so called 80cc will do 37 MPH with no wind and I weigh 260 lbs. But if you hit a head wind you will have to duck down to keep it at 25 MPH with the 44 tooth sprocket and a 70 lb bike.
It's amazing how much Crap a 70 lb bike can carry. :eek:
Oh yeah, the motor is another 22 lbs.
Doc

I hit 27-28 down hill for the first time today (I think the motors finaly breaking in) 44 tooth sprocket 80cc (66cc) Kings

locoWelder said:
69.7cc with ported intake and ext with a 36 t sproket on lovekin bl (4 miles flat) took 2 miles to get to 47 mph

so...does it take you two miles to stop?... lol :p

Anywhere above 24mph the motor is screaming and its plainly obvious to the rider that taking it further for any extended period of time is abusing it (with 44t sprocket). I cruise at 19-20mph. The constraint is not power(theres plenty of power, even alittle bit of throttle will redline the motor) but its the gearing.

I cannot beleive how anyone of you guys can take the motor out to 28mph and beyond. These posts probably attest to the longevity of the happytime motors.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a 49cc Honda 4 stroke GXH50- no governor- 40mph with the 56 tooth sprocket. I ran out of nerve...and space, before I ran out od speed, but there wasn't much left. I have a 48 tooth, but if I am brushing against 40mph with the 56, why?

I've been away for a few weeks and just found this thread.

I have the Golden Eagle 32cc Tanaka motor with the 14 tooth highway gear. I weigh about 150 pounds and wear a heavy jacket and always have a back pack with tools and tubes.

On level ground it goes only 27-29 miles per hour (mph), mostly 27 mph.

Headwinds really slow this motor. There have been a few times when a strong headwind dropped my speed to 10-13 mph. I always ride with wide open throttle on the straight-aways. I expected a top speed of 33 mph but it hasn't happened yet. Perhaps with full break-in it will achieve its rated top speed.

The fastest I've gone was 40 mph (maybe faster, it was months ago) with a very strong tailwind.

If I could go 35 mph even up hills I would be able to ride at the speed limit on most of the main roads within the city limits. That would be great.

My motor only gets 132 miles per gallon right now. Eventually it should do better once it is broken-in. I'm envious of the 225 miles per gallon claim for the Redmax Zenoah motor. Anyone here ever achieve that?

There are road racing cyclists that can go faster than my motorized bicycle. I know for a fact that there are racers who can sprint at over 40 mph and cruise near 30 mph. The fastest I've ever pedaled a mountain bike is 27 mph on a brief sprint. I bet that with a month or two of regular riding on a lighter road bike I could sprint faster than the top speed of my Golden Eagle comfort bike.

Does anyone here regularly ride a non-motorized bicycle? I'm hoping to sell my recumbent and get a touring bicycle for the spring. If I get really fit I just might sell my motorized bicycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of the Golden Eagle kits with the Robin/Subaru 35cc 4-stroke, and they say it goes 27 MPH on level ground with the normal gear on, and that's right what it hits. Going into a stiff headwind can knock that down to 15 mph, with that wind at your back it will get up to maybe 33 mph.

I have non-motor bikes I ride a lot however, and my long-distance (~50 mile) average pedaling on them is only about 15 mph. 27 MPH doesn't sound like a lot compared to these other fools running 50cc-80cc 2-strokes, but being able to go almost twice my normal pedaling speed with no effort is a HUGE increase in the useful ranges I can ride.
~

My StingrayXL probably tops out comfortably on level ground at 30. Keep in mind shes a heavy bike and I have her geared a bit low for all the hills around here. Where I can understand the need for speed I still think some of you guys are nuts if you regularly ride a motored bicycle above 30mph. I'd never stop anybody from pushing their motorized bike but personally I like to cruise anywhere from 20-25mph for a multitude of reasons. It's much more quiet when not holding your engine wide open, its a ton safer, it keeps the pork at bay and it keeps my nuts and bolts together for much longer. Anyways, more power to ya just be safe and dont attract the wrong kind of attention. I'd hate to see a countrywide ban on motorized bikes because people cant keep themselves from imagining they're on a real motorcycle.

???

50mph on a 49cc engine is that downhill, even with mods seems to be kinda high . is your speedo calibrated right???. Do a true test with a car runnin behind you at full throttle, you may be surprizzzed

Joe that's good speed for a stock engine.
I am only doing 10 mph more and I have changed everything.

A stock scooter (moped) Peugeot speed fight 49cc will do 50mph + and they weigh a **** of a lot more they my bike.

I can not understand people saying I am mad thinking I can get 46 mph out of mine.

Bama have you got a magnifying glass so I see your pics. Lol

I love the zenoha engine I used them all the time in my 5th scale r/c cars

Back