top speed please.

Highly modified customized Whizzer. 68 mph.

Whizzer with some modification but mostly for relibality. Apx. 55 mph

The most my happy time sent me was 27 and I only did that ONCE. Never again.
Maybe it's just me,but my engine talks to me. It tells me where it's happy at.
It likes 15 to 18 mph.
Listen to your engine.
Be good to your engine.
urr urrr uuurrr.

all you guys claiming those 50mph+ high MPH lets see some video, on the 50cc or less getting 50mph or more lolololol. Hope you can prove me wrong on a straight away, no DOWNHILL. NOT A BICYCLE SPEEDO , I WANT TO SEE A VIDEO OF A CAR SPEEDEO WITH A BIKE IN FRONT GOING 50. You have alot to prove to all off us if your bike is going that fast with a 50cc on a straight away, if i and we see the proof we want all the facts on how to make it go that fast. Thanks

Highly modified customized Whizzer. 68 mph.

Whizzer with some modification but mostly for relibality. Apx. 55 mph

My speedo said 74mph at one time to, but wasn't calibrated correctly, was going only 34mph lololol

A properly calibrated digital bicycle speedometer is way more accurate than a car speedometer because it actually measures the rotation of your wheel. There are no gears or other do-dads in-between.

There are many videos on the internet of cyclists going fast. A couple of weeks ago I found a video of one downhill section of The Tour De France where some riders were reaching 63 miles per hour (mph).

Those riders are on some of the lightest bicycles on Earth and they do fine with them at those speeds.

There are some really cool videos of cyclists racing across cities. Most of the time they are going faster than the cars. They travel for a few miles at speeds around 25 mph.

all you guys claiming those 50mph+ high MPH lets see some video, on the 50cc or less getting 50mph or more lolololol. Hope you can prove me wrong on a straight away, no DOWNHILL. NOT A BICYCLE SPEEDO , I WANT TO SEE A VIDEO OF A CAR SPEEDEO WITH A BIKE IN FRONT GOING 50. You have alot to prove to all off us if your bike is going that fast with a 50cc on a straight away, if i and we see the proof we want all the facts on how to make it go that fast. Thanks

I dont see how its impossible if you have the correct gearing and aerodynamics. I think whizzers have much larger engines than 50cc so 50mph is probably easy to achieve with one when properly setup. Personally if I lived in a place flat enough to gear really high I probably never would have motorized a bike at all. My bikes are geared somewhat lower than others on this forum because we have constant hills here that make cycling rather tiresome very quickly unless your a lance-a-like.

About Euro 49cc mopeds/scooters--many of them have two-speed transmissions, and some have three-speeds. So that explains a lot about how they can have only a 49-cc motor, but have decent acceleration & hill-climbing power, and still have near-50 MPH top ends.

I noticed that when I was looking around online for a brand of moped to modify into an antique-style cycle, many reviews of the single-speed mopeds and scooters noted how poor their performance was. And most bicycle engine kits still only have one speed.
~

Well I've got a 70cc two-stroke engine on my bike (26 inch Shogun Trailbreaker). Engine and associated parts are all stock standard. I put a 36 tooth sprocket on the rear. I weigh 105 Kg. It cruises nicely at 32 - 35 Km/hr. I've taken it up to 45 Km/hr but the engine was screaming.

I thought it would go a bit faster than what it did with a 36 tooth spocket on the rear but it's better than the 44 tooth sprocket which was only happy cruising at 22 - 25 Km/hr.

Back