top speed please.

WOW!!! VERY FAST INDEED! Post some more info about your motor, it surely got my interest.

I thought my trailer @ 52mph was the fastest, but it looks like someone here got me beat!

GOOD JOB! :D And Where can I get one???

He's got a GP460 engine, they are like the ferrari engines of the go-ped world lol. heres a link to it: http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1295.html

I think it must be the best small engine on the market, except for italian or spanish moped engines. Would love to get one rigged up on my bike!

So whats the fastest happy time engine? any body pushing 50?? Loads of people are saying they are hitting 35+ with a 44 tooth sprocket, but how? My top speed downhill on my speedo is hitting 29mph, any faster and the engine will literally blow up!

Fastboy

I have one of the Golden Eagle kits with the Robin/Subaru 35cc 4-stroke, and they say it goes 27 MPH on level ground with the normal gear on, and that's right what it hits. Going into a stiff headwind can knock that down to 15 mph, with that wind at your back it will get up to maybe 33 mph.

I have non-motor bikes I ride a lot however, and my long-distance (~50 mile) average pedaling on them is only about 15 mph. 27 MPH doesn't sound like a lot compared to these other fools running 50cc-80cc 2-strokes, but being able to go almost twice my normal pedaling speed with no effort is a HUGE increase in the useful ranges I can ride.
~

Hi DougC -- you mention top speed 27 MPH with the same engine that I have -- what is the normal gear -- I am getting around 23 MPH with a 1" friction drive -- my weight 195 lbs with bike and motor 260 lbs -- sound right ? Or should I play with my governor ? Happy Riding from - Mountainman

HI Fastboy9,

29 MPH with a Happy Time using a 44t sounds pretty good to me....I think I took mine to only 27 or 28 before I though she'd blow from the revs....I've been to 34.4 MPH on a 36T
and she was showing 6400 RPM on the Tach (Sen Dec brand....engine was buzzing pretty good and since I didn't want to meet the rod first hand I backed off the throttle pretty quickly)....I will gear mine higher (smaller rear sprocket) when I get a chance.....

Andrew

Cool 34 sounds alright to me I guess, are those 6mm sprockets available yet? And another thing, is it too late to change my order? I think all the people claiming speeds of 45mph must have there speedo's way off. Or they must be having sprockets like 26 teeh or something, and then surely the engine wouldnt even get into its powerband with gearing that high.

Fastboy

Well...the engines may be able to produce these speeds with proper mods, however don't forget that these bicycles are not designed to either reach or sustain high speeds. I wouldn't want to put the engine through those high RPM's often.

I have a gebe kit with a tanaka 33cc 2-stroke. With the 12 gear I have hit 27.9 mph. almost afraid to put on the 13 gear and crank it up. And I'm 250.

31 mph on the flat with pedel help getting up to speed - once there it will hold it. 23cc weedeater friction drive. Cruises much smoother at 26-27 above that and it starts hating me.

Back