Trike Report---Update

thanks...this is like xmas for me......lol.

any restoration ideas?

prolly 90% of the paint is intact.
the rims will never shine again. (24 x 1 3/8 tires....what an illegitimate size...DARN YOU, Schwinn...hehehe)
All the chrome is done. (as in done for!!)

Last edited:
Wow That Is 1 Nice Trike!!!

OH YEAH VERY NICE FIND. I'da traded that chopper in a heartbeat also.
Is there any chance you could show a pic of the gear and sprocket setup your usimg on your first trike? Sure would appreciate it.
I picked up another trike last wednesday also but is no wheres near as unique as yours. ..
Just an old Norco that has a 3 speed internal hub I'd like to try incorporate in the engine drive line. Would be awseome to have a low gear and high gear. Motor might not have the torque to make it work and the hub might not take the abuse but only one way to out . My first trike was a full suspension bike. I just removed the shock and with in seconds had raked the front end to accomodate this front end I built. Love your cruiser trike . Am thinking real hard on taking this second trike , toss the Norco frame its attached to , and mount it on my dyno cruiser that I just stretched 9'' and lowered by 2''
Having some trouble with the gearing though as in how to attach the motor sprocket to hub etc.
Thanks in Advance.
~Haggard~

Attachments

• Picture 173.jpg
    Picture 173.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 513
  • Picture 164.jpg
    Picture 164.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 530
  • Picture 22.jpg
    Picture 22.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 552
  • Picture 135.jpg
    Picture 135.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 498
thanks

Thanks SRDavo. sure appreciate it.
I've made a few jack shafts and such before but just can't seem to get a handle on this .
Maybe its because I now have so many parts and options, I Can't seem to picture I solid answer to the problem : (. I really like what zena has with the 2 free wheeling hubs in its 3 chain setup. but yours looks like it might be what i'm trying to accomplish
Yhanks again
~Haggard~

here's some close ups...I can take more if needed.

the hub & pedal side is the natural function of the trike.
I welded a 1 1/2" washer to the motor side of the hub. the fit was perfect, for this hub. I pre-drilled 3 holes in the washer to match the 50 toothed sprocked, & bolted the sprocket on.
I think I got lucky here, cause everything lined up nicely.

100_1337.JPG testing for fit

close.JPG close up.JPG

100_1450a.JPG

hmmmm

Very nice SRDavo. Thar is excactly what i'm aiming at but you lost me at the 1 1/2'' washer part .Is that a typo or am I not seeing the whole whole picture??
I want to do the excact same only using a 3speed internal hub as the jack shaft which would give me 3 gears with the pedals and 3 gears with engine also.
Thinking if i make 2nd gear 1 to1 with the stock engine gearing, thus having a lower gear and higher gear aswell.

Another thing that I'm a little perplexed over is the drive wheel oe wheels. I realise a posi is not very good as the bike continuassly wants to go straight which is great till you get to a curve in the road or an intersection you wanna turn at but the bike doesn't
The standard seams to be a 1 wheel drive wuth the other freewheeling which means the trike always wants to pull in 1 direction when accelerating and the other direction when deacelerating.
This puts poppin a wheelie or catwalk right out of the question because as soon as you lift the front end , your gonna be headin for the rubarb.
Now this may sound totally rediculous but I can't shake the idea of using 2 engines, clutches ran together to a dual controller, but seperate throttles , 1 for each hand.
Would take a little getting used to I'm sure but the cornering control a fella might have If he had individual control of each rear wheel is something I jusrt gotta try unless some one gives me a reason not to.

but you lost me at the 1 1/2'' washer part . ...............

I realise a posi is not very good as the bike continuassly wants to go straight ................................
The standard seams to be a 1 wheel drive wuth the other freewheeling which means the trike always wants to pull in 1 direction when accelerating and the other direction when deacelerating.
This puts poppin a wheelie ....... out of the question .......

Now this may sound totally rediculous but I can't shake the idea of using 2 engines, clutches ran together to a dual controller, but seperate throttles , 1 for each hand.

I'll get a better pic of the 1 and a 1/2 inch washer.

mine is not posi....the right rear is my drive wheel. I feel a little pull, but not bad.

no wheelies for me!! haha

I have actually daydreamed about the 2 engine, seperate throttle idea.

Back