Two-Strokes Past Midnight- Booze, Fireworks, and Mopeds

You wouldn't happen to know where I could score a 45 of "Do the Funky Gibbon" would you? Obscurities are my hobby.

Fatigue begins its slow dance through my brain and I am satisfied with the evening. The king sized bed back at the Knights Inn begins its siren song and I begin to say my good byes. A moped rider mounts his bike and tries to pedal and pitches over into the mud. He staggers back up and tries again this time falling over to the other side. Undetered he mounts up again and gets it fire and with a waggle jets straight off. I'm concerned but its too late. I walk over and get my machine ready, fuel to on, choke to full, tickle the carb,turn on my lights, and give a final look at the bar, the crowd is still milling around the parking lot and showers of sparks spew from fountains casting weird shadows. Two mopeds speed out of the parking lot and I pedal behind trying catch up. The motor catches and I'm away. The mopeds sweep up and around the corner and I duck down trying for every rpm I can get. As I come up the hill I see the mopeds stopped in the middle of the street, they are Creatures, a girl and a guy. The guy is pissed and jerks off his helmet looking curiously at it. I recognize him from the Moped to South America story, I ask whats up. He says some guy at the house down the street threw something and hit him on the helmet. I ask if he wants to go back and get the Army, I'm down for whatever. He cusses and probably wisely says no, his friends are f-ing drunk as hell and need someone to get the van to pick them up. They speed off on their kitted machines, leaving me to fly solo. I drink in the night as I glide back down to Westnedge through sparse traffic. Life is good. Back at the Knights Inn the party is in full swing, I lock my bike to the pole and the sounds outside fade away after 4:00 a.m. I can't imagine the dog breeders are happy, but it doesn't bother me and I drift off into the sleep of the just. The End.

Edward, I gotta say: you are one incredible writer! I know others on here have already said so, but I gotta put my two cents in. I did not read your story until you posted the end, and then I copied it all into a Word document, printed it out, and read it last night in its entirety. Brilliant! Even if this story is not all true--or if it is entirely true--doesn't matter. It's not only believable but so entertaining and from an amazing point of view. I love not only the descriptions of everything from the air that night to the other machines, the other riders, and feel of the entire evening, but also the road it took me down (no pun intended). It's always been my opinion that if I read a story such as this, and it wraps me up and I feel like I'm actually there, it's doing it's job very well!

So, great work, my man, and I think you've just inspired me to write something very similar... Thanks for tickling my imagination! :D

wow that was amazing that was one of the best stories ive ever read (other than christine by steven king) i loved it u should write a book

bump...
cause it needed it :)

Attachments

• 03.gif
    03.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 120
Back