Typical Easily made motor bike

:cool:MisterSteve, you WILL be using a jackshaft to reroute your engine's chain to the other side, correct? if so, will you then share the same chain as the crankset? or are you eliminating the crankset and using that crankset hole for your jackset?
methinks you need two different chains; one for your engine sprocket and corresponding jackshaft sprocket(engine CVT side), and one for your crankset and bikechain's jacksprocket(derailleur side).
and don't forget to calculate your final drive ratio, so you can buy the correct SIZE sprockets.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I'm not using a jackshaft at all. I am just putting a clutch on the engine with a sprocket and then running the chain directly to the gears on the bike in the rear. I know that here you guys like to get stuff all planned out and make it all nice but I pretty much just want to get this working. As long as it runs I'm fine. I just don't want to make it any more complicated then it needs to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool:actually, i'm into performance before pretty.

function before form. research first. learn from others. less mistakes make for a cheaper install in less time and energy.

hey, it's your bike. i can understand the need to finish the bike and ride.

Myron

Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I want to do, just finish it before school starts and ride it. Then later I can tweak it and make adjustments, by then I'll have more money too.

ok well last night I started disasembling the chainsaw and I think I may have a problem. My original plan was just to mount a new centrifigul clutch that would fit a bike chain onto the engine shaft. But the shaft is really small and I don't think I can get a clutch that will fit. So I was thinking I could grind down the teeth on the clutch drum and just get a sprocket welded onto that. Think that would work?

Steve,IMO you want us to build your bike! that ain't gonna happen and I'm going to tell you what everyone else has been to kind to say; You don't listen to the advice any of these guys have given you, you think you know everything though obviously you don't... personally this has been the most wasteful thread I've read in this entire forum... ask your dad to take you fishing, PLEASE!!!!!!

wow ******* **** off I guess you guys don't like to help eachother out here don't worry I'll take my project else where no point being here if you're gonna give me ****.

How am I supposed to do research on this. You guys don't exactly have a ton of posts with people using chainsaws with chain drives. Most of it is people that are going above and beyond making cool bikes, which is not really what I'm trying to do. 5-7 Heaven thanks for trying to help it is ashame that some people need to just come in during the middle of the thread and be an *******.

Back