Walmart GENESIS 29ner MTB

Price alone confirms you have better components than a 100$ bike, trust but verify. See how it feels and looks if in person. If online your taking a chance.

Been riding bikes for 40 years.....I've had "Wal-Mart" style bikes and IMHO- I think anyone would be better off spending the extra money for a quality used bike or even a new bike from a professional bike shop.

I have a 2007 Specialized Cross-Road 29'er with a Staton friction drive and I am totally comfortable with it even when it hits 35 to 40 mph. Every Wal-Mart style bike I've ever owned.....I've snapped the frame right at the headtube. The last place I wanna be is going downhill at 40mph, hit a bump and snap a frame.....it's bad enough when it happens at 5 to 10 mph.

Sure, I have over a grand in my set-up all up, but I can ride it flat out at 35 mph for hours on end day in day out with no issues except for when I run out of fuel:)

Some Walmart bikes are ****. I agree. However some seem decent.

These are the ones I would consider making a build out of........................

Schwinn LINK

Kent 29er & Dual Suspension MTB's

I have two 29" frames for Project 29er, a new 18" Kona single-speed steel frame an a used 18" aluminum Diamondback multi-speed frame. Both should be excellent frames. I'll be using either a 5hp GP460 engine or a 2.8hp Tanaka 47R engine. I've heard that 29" frames do well with bad roads and potholes. It's exactly what I need, since these bikes will be commuters in 25mph-35mph speed limit zones.

thanks slamazon, im putting one together based on this bike also, and i will use yours as a reference. i was afraid the aluminum frame would shake apart but it looks to be very well tig welded. the one im doing will have a freewheel hub and a sprocket in the 20s teeth range. also will be using the expansion pipe.

Back