Weekend Plans!

Lol go ahead & tack on a couple hundred more dollars, lol I told myself I could build a nice bike for $1000. Not, Lmfao & another $800 on top of the $1000 i spent.šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ I have a nice bike that I'm still not finished with yet.
Yep, $1500 deep, an when I finish the light system, and paint it, I think I may be done with ol' red. I said I was done months ago, but keep going. lol. I want to start another cranbrook now.

I want to start another cranbrook now.
Karl, get a Hyper this time, the frame is beefy-er than the cranbrook, better welds, and even rides better...I know the difference, i had a cranbrook before the frame broke and went to the Hyper and noticed a world of difference...My 2 cents worth...DAMIEN

How much in total have you spent soo far? And what's the expected total outcome of this build when it's finished?
These bikes are like having a young girlfriend; you're always spending money on them. So it isn't as much about the money but the pleasure they give you.

Karl, get a Hyper this time, the frame is beefy-er than the cranbrook, better welds, and even rides better...I know the difference, i had a cranbrook before the frame broke and went to the Hyper and noticed a world of difference...My 2 cents worth...DAMIEN
The question is, can I weld on it without gas? I add motor mounts and all that jazz to my bikes. No simple clamp on crap for me. I'm a man, I like power tools and flames, smoke and carnage, blood an oil.

Wimp again...lol.

You know... at the first of the year they made plastic bags illegal here, essentially. So the stores are all using paper bags like from the 70's.

People are all, "ohhh these are so much better for the environment..." blah blah blah... and I am thinking with my old man thoughts... You know, when I was a kid, we had these same paper bags and they became bad for the environment and we had to switch to plastic and everyone thought that was great. Now plastic bags are bad for the environment and we have to switch to brown paper bags...

Oh man I remember taking the trash out as a kid with paper bags... I rarely made it all the way there without the bottom falling out.

I don't have a freewheel so this is all postponed until next weekend.

I can't wait for a Cranbrook / Hyper comparison. I have a Kent Bayside also but its comfort is inferior to the Cranbrook. That can probably be improved with different handlebars.

I remember those days when the plastic bags came on the scene...The cashiers always asked, "paper or plastic"?.

They loved it if you said plastic, that meant they could pack it any way they wanted to since everything flopped around anyways in plastic bags.

Now it looks like a new generation will have to learn the fine art of being a grocery "packer" again...lol...That was my 1st after school and weekends job when i was 14 years old...lol...I could teach them how properly pack a grocery bag...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...Whenever i was asked, I always chose paper bags over plastic.

I remember those days when the plastic bags came on the scene...The cashiers always asked, "paper or plastic"?.

They loved it if you said plastic, that meant they could pack it any way they wanted to since everything flopped around anyways in plastic bags.

Now it looks like a new generation will have to learn the fine art of being a grocery "packer" again...lol...That was my 1st after school and weekends job when i was 14 years old...lol...I could teach them how...lol...DAMIEN
Lol the kids these days are too stupid to understand the logic of packing groceries in a paper sack. Hell my little ma & pa grocery store still to this day asks paper or plastic, I prefer paper cause I think there stonger, plus I hate seeing all these plastic sacks blowing around stuck to fences among other things.

Back