Well, she's about to blow at 2,238 miles

The only way to get life out of crappy engines,is to derate them substantially,that is reduce top speed below 5k and throttle at 70% (above that is emergency power).Few people are prepared to do that because power is down by 50 % or so.Even that will not help all that much when it comes to bearing life.These people like to keep on selling to repeat customers, or to suckers ?.

cruising at 20-22 with a 40T sprocket on a 26" bike should be less than 5k RPM right?

WOO HOO!

I found a local guy thats willing to sell me his very slightly used kit for $75. THE WHOLE KIT!

Hi Simonator,

Grab the 75 kit if you can , it will save a lot of hassle. When you get the chance pull down the one
thats about to go and let us know whats wrong with it.

Ozi

get the gebe!!! I have had mine with no problems at all. I ride 40+ miles a day and have over five hundred miles on mine already. I can get it up to 32 mph pedaling and with a trailer and two kids behind me full of groceries I can still get 24+ mph. Good luck, but after riding both styles of motors, I would never give up my gebe. Good luck

im running castrol 100% synthetic and no one single problem after 400 miles on it, i have friends with more than 4000 miles with just a clutch pads repair, both are bushing rod pin motors.

Maybe running cheap oil was the cause of death of your engine, or maybe is just a bushing, new piston and rings and thats it.

Hi Simonator,do you know:
a) the internal reduction of your engine?
b) the size of your front sprocket ?,then I'll tell you what your rpm is at around 21 mph.

get the gebe!!! I have had mine with no problems at all. I ride 40+ miles a day and have over five hundred miles on mine already. I can get it up to 32 mph pedaling and with a trailer and two kids behind me full of groceries I can still get 24+ mph. Good luck, but after riding both styles of motors, I would never give up my gebe. Good luck

sounds like others are figureing out the best long term high mileage soulition for the buck! if we could could get china to build a higher quality kit id shure buy one!!

I posted a thread for HT Longevity Kings.

sounds like others are figureing out the best long term high mileage soulition for the buck! if we could could get china to build a higher quality kit id shure buy one!!

Not a whole lot of response yet. I know someone has a stock motor that has ran quality oil and ratio. And done the maintenace with high milage. (fingers are crossed)

Back