What are the best bike helmets?

What KC said.

KC, that is one freaking amazing looking build. I want one!
From what I have read and seen on your website, hands down you build some of the nicest rides available.
I will be calling you soon.

Mark
Thanks for the kudos Mark.
I have taken a shinning to ~50cc 4-stroke engines, they just seem to run forever and damn sure easy to ride with gears, here is some other 4-stroke shifters I have built and I have 2 more new ones waiting to be built here.
http://kcsbikes.com/KCsBuilds.asp?motor=4-stroke&shifter=Yes

Depending on what options you want they are ~$1500 locally, if you are not close to Phoenix shipping can be expensive, it not like I can put one in a UPS box hehe.

Just drop me a Contact e-mail and we'll see what I can do your you ;-}

Just get a well fitting Snell approved helmet. If it passed the tests then you won't have too much to worry about.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone took the time to crash themselves two dozen times to rate which helmets left them with the least ouchies, what you are asking for might not even exist (yet.)
I LIKE BELL HELMETS > OR FOX>> keep it strapped tight but not too tight, always throw away after a crash.. dont crash .,,LOL>> worse crash i did>? dirt bike riding , went up a trail at 20 mph. up up.. then it sheared off. straight drop..20 ft... lets say the helmet saved my life, seperated from bike.. bad bad bad day//bent forks, ruined back rim almost broke arm...

The best helmet is the one that fits your head well, and you don't mind putting it on even for a quick trip to 7-11 or around the block.

Like bike color, helmet color can make a fashion statement and there is nothing wrong with that, I am trying to find an Orange helmet for the gal I building this 3-speed e-Shifter for right now...

orangeCrushDoneR-1280.jpg

Even with 24" tires this thing sure moves so just in case it will be a good helmet, and Orange ;-}

That is one amazing bike, I need to build something like that for the wife!

A helmet isn't a fashion statement ya retard! It's a vital piece of safety equipment. They say 30% of accidents hit on the chin cage, but from my experience it's closer to 50%. I got a solid white full face for $60 from CycleGear and it fits perfect, has the right vents where I need em and the visor is decent enough quality. If you want fashion and safety get a MX helmet.

Our motorized bikes we may go slower, but we have much less traction than regular motorcycles. Thus we are more likely to hit the ground at any speed. I've gone down at least 3 times on this new helmet. Already have two sets of scratches on the visor and chin cage, and some much deeper road rash on the side.
I think 30% of riders are idiots and land on their face. I have been skating for years, I am trained in helmet use.

Last edited:
Is there a specific brand or type that is best for safety?

I read somewhere that cheap helmets are just as safe as expensive ones. What more do you normally get for pricier helmets aside from style?
Just found one on Ebay Aga Vista goes for the low, low price $1,399.99 please hury with your purchase while they last!

In my humble opinion, the best would be a DOT approved full face motocross helmet: Protects the chin, keeps you fresh, and there's plenty of colours and neat designs to pick from. I wouldn't recommend a SNELL approved one, since those are designed for high speed crashes, more fit for an actual motorcycle, but end up being more stiff and with less energy absorption than a DOT one.

Back