What Cheap Cruiser Bike for Grubee Stage III Rear Mount?

Hi!

(btw what i meant by truing the sprocket was ---> making the sprocket concentric with the wheel)

Vendor Terry Blow gave me a detailed email a few weeks back on how to fix this. After a "2 week colling off period", I will follow his lead this morning.
Thanks again Terry!

There is a lot of help here in the forum(s), so I have to believe we WILL get it done.
Thanks very much to all MBers who have helped me!

Maybe for me if this doesnt work out, i'm may go to a Friction Drive Mount/System, either Staton or Bikemotorparts.

In hindsight, I should have done additional research, "bit the bullet", and bought the best system/ motor to begin with.

Someones saying on the forum a fellow MBer has and it goes something like this:
"Good is never cheap, and cheap is never good."

Soooooo True. If I was to convert all the man hours spent on this into money, its costing me waaay to much.

Early start on my bike... i'm crossing my fingers.

Good luck again 2 U. :)

I returned the Cranbrook Cruiser to Wally World today.

After a few days it was clear that this bike costs $75 for a reason, and that reason is very cheap and light construction.

I'm 5'9 205 and when I would pedal the bike the rear hub would literally torque sideways, twisting the frame as it did. If I stood up to pedal, no matter how tight the bars were, they would go popping down.

On top of that, I felt huge on that bike and I am not a really large guy. I think it was a wreck waiting to happen.

Back to the drawing board. At least I have lots of experience with bolting these kits on... now just need to find a bike I can bolt one on that works. I need to stop thinking cheap, but start looking for something used.

Back