What gas tank styles would you choose???

Status
Not open for further replies.
$200 bux seems a bit steep for those. I like the aluminum ones though and see a way better value at $130/40 for them.
8x12vent2.jpg

Nice tanks...definately better lines with those tanks.

I recieved word back from a few possible sources and think these tanks could come in at a bargain price. The three pics below are good peanut, streched chopper, and classic moped tank choices. Preliminarily, I'd guess near $50 per tank price...retail for a primed and painted tank with cap and a simple petcock.

The chopper builders would, however, probably like a raw steel "blank tank" for cutting and welding and modifying. The manufs have dozens of differnt caps and taps availible.

Would $50 be too much???

Peej

Attachments

• T quote3.jpg
    T quote3.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 409
  • T quote1.jpg
    T quote1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 366
  • quote 8.jpg
    quote 8.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 386
Hey, I'd buy a tank for $50. I'd like one with at least 4-liter capacity and HT neck so I can use my locking gas cap.

Cool...I thought that would be a reasonable price. I've sent more questions and am waiting for answers.

I'm going to get some samples and then take pictures and post. Thaks for the encouragement.

Peej

So far these mini chopper tanks are from 4 to 6 liters. I'd agree that 3 or 4 is pretty ideal. I'm starting by tracking down tanks that are current production. If the demand follows, new MB tank/s models could be sent to the manufs for production.

Also, they could probably reduce the width or length of the tank as needed. Some have already asked for me to send models so they can quote a price.

What do you think is the optimal width of the tank should be??? Perhaps 6 inches??? Maximum of 8???

Peej

I had this one on my deviate :devilish:
3.3 gal
at the 2nd deathrace, i was a rolling fuel station for others :cool:
was way to big to be practical, but ya gotta admit it looked cool !!!:D

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 436
  • bills_chopper.jpg
    bills_chopper.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 412