What is the right oil to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finding Nico

Local time
6:11 AM
Hey all,

I just finished my kit and I am about to start my gas mixture. I bought a quart of Valvoline multi-purpose 2-stroke oil. I was wondering if that would work fine?

I was also suggested to use a 16:1 ratio since I will be breaking into my new engine. I have read about users putting in a 32:1 ratio right away. Any suggestions?

Nico'

...you have opened a can of worms:whistle:

No, you should not use that oil. Regular oil doesn't provide the protection of the synthetics or synthetic/caster oil blends.

16:1 is a little rich. This time around I'm breaking in the rings at 24:1 then once it's broke in 32:1.

The synthetic/castor oil blend is avalable from motorcycle shops, you're not going to find it at a Albertson's. ;) It seems that the blend works to protect the top piston/connecting rod bearing better than straight synthetic.

Oils are such a personal preference things that people will get into fights over which is best. I'm useing some fairly expensive straight synthetic, XPS. I can get it in gallons at $25 per or by the quart for $10.

People ask about the milage. I tell them I've been getting about 130 MPG, then I tell them the truth, the fuel with oil is $6 a gallon:rolleyes: (that's at 16:1)

I agree with Dave. So, second that!!!!!!!~16:1 is a soup of oil mix......

Thanks guys,

I really appreciate the information. I found a motor bike shop next to my house that has it. :)

Can't wait to fire it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back