Stolen What The Flying #!@#

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It would seem to me a small ulock attached from the frame to the rear wheel will keep someone from rolling it away. I think anyone stealing these bikes would be a teenager and wouldnt have a truck with them to haul it away. I live on a second story and carry my bike up 2 flights of stairs and though it isnt heavy its very akward to carry. I couldnt imagine a guy running down the street carrying one of these very far plus it would look suspicious as ****. A small quality u lock just the right size would be harder than **** to get at to break..............anyways just an idea.

well i can get the mini ulocks for 5 bucks

and yes i think it is a teenager but a team

I have an idea !
Can one of those gizomo's be made to plant the bikes with a beeper thing, I think it's called a sattelite tracker. Cars have them, I think it's mandatory on boats for sea rescue.
That way if bike is stolen, it gets tracked down by sattelite.

A Lo Jack for a bike. $$
Was it covered under homeowners/tenants insurance?

I had my bike stolen, took the next day off from work, and lo and behold I saw the kid out riding it. Took me all day to finally catch up with him. I got the bike, but he got away. **** thing was really fast with a little kid on it.

Any bike can get stolen regardless of how it's locked up. So with that a video camera that turns on via motion detector mounted from your window sounds to me like a fairly affordable thing to get. You get the video of your bike being taken or even video's of those looking to steal your bike and failed your on your way to catching the $%^$#@#$%^%.

Any bike can get stolen regardless of how it's locked up. So with that a video camera that turns on via motion detector mounted from your window sounds to me like a fairly affordable thing to get. You get the video of your bike being taken or even video's of those looking to steal your bike and failed your on your way to catching the $%^$#@#$%^%.

I think I saw something like that at Radio Shack. For me the problem is where to point it? If they break in (bike is next to my bed) I have several other expensive items too around the house. Still, it's a good idea LF, I'm going to look into it.

well i can get the mini ulocks for 5 bucks

and yes i think it is a teenager but a team

How big of place is your town? Might be worth taking a day off and just driving around to see if it surfaces.... You know if it is a teenager or group of them, it's GOT to be driving them nuts wanting to ride it. I caught up with my bike 4 blocks from my house. Just a idea, and good luck.

i know its close by but where is it being keept at is the thing and i know it wont start unless you get the part for it the town well its two towns in one
so yeah its big and many bad parts around the hole place to so its going to be a while

Back