Wide Pedal Kit Sprocket does not fit stock chain. Please Help! I have pictures!

JGerlitz,

I had a similar problem with trying to get a wide crank set. I couldn't find any help on the forum so I went to a bicycle swap meet. There I found someone who talked about using a short crank instead of the wide crank. I know...You need the wide crank to rest your feet on. Anyway, since no one knew what I was talking about at the bicycle swap meet except this one guy who was willing to sell me an old rusted short crank for $15, I started to drive home when I had a brain fart. Why not check with the local bicycle shop? Heck they had brand new short cranks and all kinds of sprockets cheap. I bought a new short crank for $12. I am sure they might just have that sprocket your looking for or can tell you where to order one out of their books.....Dan

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for everyone's help. A friendly worker at a local bike shop said to just take off the 3/32" chain and replace it with a 1/8" chain. Said the front sprocket will fit it well and the back sprockets will handle fine too. We'll see. Going to start assembling tomorrow and give it a whirl. I'll be sure to post up picks of the completed project! :)

Thanks again for everyone's ideas and tips.

Jeff

Back