Will Gas Shifters Become an Extinct Species

If you have an 8 speed freewheel and a 7 speed shifter leave the 11t sprocket out. This way the 13t is 7th gear.
Ok I had to go verify, it's a DNP 11-34freewheel with gears accordingly, 11,13,15,18,21,24,34. As far as adjustment my bike was a single speed converted, so I got a generic derailleur bracket that's straight, my derailleur dont have enough inbound travel to get on the 34 tooth sprocket & I believe I need to find a offset derailleur bracket that's bent in towards the freewheel. I'm also using a fairly expensive trigger fired shifter assembly. Its spot on shifting other than I cant get to the 34tooth sprocket. Those trigger fired shifters are SWEET!!!
20220328_203717.jpg
20220328_203804.jpg

I see what you have now a (34,24,21,18,15,13,11). I personally have never liked those kind of freewheels where there's a 10t jump between 1st and 2nd. The 34t becomes prone to bending when shifting from 2nd to 1st. I'd get the 8 speed and exclude the 11t sprocket. Also you need a rear long cage derailleur for the 34t sprocket.

I see what you have now a (34,24,21,18,15,13,11). I personally have never liked those kind of freewheels where there's a 10t jump between 1st and 2nd. The 34t becomes prone to bending when shifting from 2nd to 1st. I'd get the 8 speed and exclude the 11t sprocket. Also you need a rear long cage derailleur for the 34t sprocket.
Mine supposedly has replaceable sprockets if you buy their tool to swap sprockets out or to replace them. I could get a 28tooth sprocket & swap out the 24tooth sprocket, that was my thoughts when I ordered it to build this bike as a shifter bike.

Oh God no. You have a Shimano Tourney. The one I had on the Sidewinder exploded. I replaced it with a SRAM X4.
Lol that's all I had money left for, I wanted SRAM X4 but its quite pricier if remembering correctly. Put it this way I wasnt thrilled with it, but so far it's doing ok.😂🤣😂

Back