Will Gas Shifters Become an Extinct Species

Mine supposedly has replaceable sprockets if you buy their tool to swap sprockets out or to replace them. I could get a 28tooth sprocket & swap out the 24tooth sprocket, that was my thoughts when I ordered it to build this bike as a shifter

The DNP freewheels have a 3 stage core, if I'm remembering correctly I think it's 2,3,3 on the 8 speed stage 1 (34,28) stage 2 (24, 21,18) stage 3 (15,13,11). More than likely the DNP 7 speed freewheel has these 3 stages 1,3,3 stage 1 (34) stage 2 (24,21,18) stage 3 (15,13,11). So you see there'd be no way of putting a 34 and a 28 on a 7 speed core.

I've also noticed the Sunrace freewheels tend to have stronger metal in their sprockets than the DNP ones do.
Ok thanks Sidewinder, now when I get my parts this summer, I'll start a thread & maybe you can help me along with build.

I guess it's the H/D Freewheel (sprocket) that makes Sick Bikes Parts Shift kit so good

https://whiteind.com/

White Industries makes the H/D freewheel that SBP used in their shift kit.
If ya ask White Ind. maybe ya still can buy it

Maybe White Ind. will still offer the H/D Freewheel to M/B builders if we ask

I guess it's the H/D Freewheel (sprocket) that makes Sick Bikes Parts Shift kit so good

https://whiteind.com/

White Industries makes the H/D freewheel that SBP used in their shift kit.
If ya ask White Ind. maybe ya still can buy it

Maybe White Ind. will still offer the H/D Freewheel to M/B builders if we ask
I'm going to contact them about it. I have 2 Trails WI freewheels in my shift kit. When building the Sidewinder I replaced one of the green covers. They probably want to keep selling the freewheels that they were making for SBP.

I'm going to contact them about it. I have 2 Trails WI freewheels in my shift kit. When building the Sidewinder I replaced one of the green covers. They probably want to keep selling the freewheels that they were making for SBP.
We may just sell the HD and UHD Freewheels independently, or under a different name - so we have not given White that freedom. Just an FYI.

I want to chime in as an Enviolo 380 and Sturmey Archer 5 speed builder that I don’t think gas shifters will extinct. For me it’s the only way to have a reliable and practical 4 stroke to get from A to B or commute to work.
Even if SBP shuts down, I prepared myself with spare parts. A 4 stroke shift kit is the way for people who have to rely on their build IMO

Back