Worksman front drum brake ?

Yep I have tracking and tracked it across Russia for 8 days . Waiting for Us customs to move the China packages to the side and let the Russian boats it!

Used an old Schwinn Orange Krate front drum brake hub on a VeloSoleX I had years ago. They're made by Atom of France and there's a lot of replacement parts still available for them.

Similar brake hubs to the Motobecane economy mopeds of the 1970's.

It was an improvement on the rim brakes the VeloSoleX came with. Not that a VeloSoleX needs really great brakes, but for riding in town and alleys it is good to be able to grab the binders and haul your self to a stop in '15 at 18 mph.

Used an old Schwinn Orange Krate front drum brake hub on a VeloSoleX I had years ago. They're made by Atom of France and there's a lot of replacement parts still available for them.

Similar brake hubs to the Motobecane economy mopeds of the 1970's.

It was an improvement on the rim brakes the VeloSoleX came with. Not that a VeloSoleX needs really great brakes, but for riding in town and alleys it is good to be able to grab the binders and haul your self to a stop in '15 at 18 mph.
I have a 73 Moby in the shed. I'm thinking it might turn into a 100 cc tho.

I have a 73 Moby in the shed. I'm thinking it might turn into a 100 cc tho.
Any pics?

I had a moby wheelset for a bit and loved it, was only one I could find that had freewheel+motor sprocket on the rear hub instead of running the pedals through the transmission. Only replaced it since I wanted something to hold more power with a larger OD for my big bore build so made a custom wheelset with ghettobike hub.

I still have a complete early 90s Tomos that needs a new top end though and I plan to throw a 70cc kit on it, I love how they look!

Back