Fuel Mixture 2-stroke oil vs Automatic Transmission Fluid

I am hoping that the microdiesel engines will become available for the blue collar man. I saw an antique 1950's one that was the coolest little motor. It mounted on a beach bike frame and turned a roller.

For now, I'll stick to Echo weeder oil and Home Depot 2cycle mix.

echo from home depot is what i use... works great.

Hi Pablo.
You said that you've been doing this for years and that it gives you better high temp protection and ring seal. I'm inclined to trust a guy with your experience. So what are the ratios of mix. I'd like to try this out. cheers for the tip.:helmet:

32:1 ratio, 1 gallon with four of the 128 ounces, oil. Of those 4 ounces:

3 ounces Amsoil Dominator Racing Oil
1 ounce Sig Castor oil

Scented oil.
I really like the way Marvel Mystery oil smells. I wonder what the exhaust would smell like when Marvel is burned in a 2 stroke engine?

Kinda sorta, but that wasn't the point. Poster had asked what ratio I use for castor oil.

Now a added question... Amsol is a synthetic oil where Castor is a natural bean oil...Have you no problems mixing the two. I've always heard to not mix the two together. I assume not since you have been doing this for some time. I bought a quart of Amsol yesterday and it has risen in price $2 in the past year.

Now a added question... Amsol is a synthetic oil where Castor is a natural bean oil...Have you no problems mixing the two. I've always heard to not mix the two together. I assume not since you have been doing this for some time. I bought a quart of Amsol yesterday and it has risen in price $2 in the past year.

Not sure where you heard that, but there is no problem mixing Dominator with Castor. I wouldn't necessarily mix Amsoil Saber with Castor, as it would be a bit pointless - meaning Saber is a fully loaded non racing oil, adding Castor would be a bit much. All oil prices have gone up, unfortunately.

Actually, an old friend of mine says he used pepper (about a pound, ground pepper of course) in his trucks radiator to stop a bad leak. This was before "radiator stop leak" was readily available. He keeps joking that with the prices of everything going up the pound of pepper now costs more then the stop leak does :rolleyes: He says "but hey, it worked!"

Fabian: Wikipedia doesn't say much about ATF, from a random forum "most ATF and synthetic motor oils are made from the same group III base stock oil".

Here is a link to a thread I found, guys discussing running 50 to 100% ATF as fuel in diesel trucks. Seems to have no ill effects, but don't forget they are using it as fuel, not for crankcase lubrication as it would be used in a 2 stroke.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/do-you-run-atf-t195072.html?t=195072

funny yo mention the black pepper!! i was straping my cr 250 in the bed of my old truck and it fell over by accident of course lol and the radiator smashed off the side of the bed wall it then started to leak. so i put in the black pepper and leak fixed. i have even changed the coolant since and still no leak 5 yrs now

Not sure where you heard that, but there is no problem mixing Dominator with Castor. I wouldn't necessarily mix Amsoil Saber with Castor, as it would be a bit pointless - meaning Saber is a fully loaded non racing oil, adding Castor would be a bit much. All oil prices have gone up, unfortunately.

I went into a bike shop,,,dirt, racing etc yesterday where I bought the Amsol. I was going to get a container of Castor as well due to your post of mixing 3+1 to a gallon and was told not to do it. Of course he may of not and at this point believe he didn't know really.

Back