2 stroke questions

Here is bottom side of head, what or how do I need to make it for the 49mm bore.
20210921_104316.jpg

That squish band should be probably double what it is right now, Street Ryderz would know for sure.

The area in between arrows need to be twice as wide as it is now. With head the way it is now, I have .037" squish band clearance. Thank for the help.

It should be 1.5mm wider so that it goes out flush with the bore, Ideal width is around 50% of bore matched to the radius of piston dome. The cast head shown above is not very effective and should be re worked for best results, you can use a piston with sand paper on top to widen and match it to the piston dome.

Thanks for the info, its greatly appreciated, I guess ill have to use my new piston as I dont have any used ones yet. I think there's a old thread on here of someone doing that procedure with there old piston. Thanks again.

This is my 1st 2 stroke engine, & I'm just trying to make everything as correct as possible, if I had the money I'd have a aftermarket head, I'm just doing what can be done with what I can with my hands from the help of you professionals. Not looking to build no high rpm screamer, I'm looking for torque & reliability. This is great forum with lots of knowledgeable guys here. Thanks guys for help.

Tech don't forget to remove that pin taped to the top of the piston before installing the head.................it's in the pics couldn't help not saying sumptin.

It should be 1.5mm wider so that it goes out flush with the bore, Ideal width is around 50% of bore matched to the radius of piston dome. The cast head shown above is not very effective and should be re worked for best results, you can use a piston with sand paper on top to widen and match it to the piston dome.
When your turning some revs, don't you want a smaller squish than if you are looking for torque? Correct me if I am wrong. I'm trying to get a 100% complete understanding of the squish. I know how to set it etc, but get a little confused about it sometimes. In my head I'm thinking bigger = lower, smaller = higher? I'm meaning the width of the squish.

Back