20thou variance.

bike4life

Local time
11:25 PM
Ok so I welded the freewheel to the pedal against everyone's suggestions, lol whatever. The welds look bad, but they were stick welded with 6011 and capped off so I don't think they'll fall apart. Plus there's a little wobble in the freewheel, idk if that's bad. Question is what do I have to do after this and is the variance ok.

Attachments

• F83E4468-F3C4-4474-9371-2620F0F468CE.jpeg
    F83E4468-F3C4-4474-9371-2620F0F468CE.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Understand this is just my opinion but, that freewheel is now junk. BTW, I have a brand new, never used ULTRA HEAVY DUTY FREEWHEEL from SBP I would sell you for $75.00. They are $119.95 on SBP website. If you or anyone is interested PM me.

If the heat from welding warped or damaged the race in any way that freewheel will have a short lifespan.

I'm assuming you pulled it apart to re-grease it after welding as well? I'm sure most if not all of the grease melted right out while welding.

If the heat from welding warped or damaged the race in any way that freewheel will have a short lifespan.

I'm assuming you pulled it apart to re-grease it after welding as well? I'm sure most if not all of the grease melted right out while welding.
Aaaah. Didn't think of that. Do they really come apart easy. I verified that it didn't warp and it spins nice but worse a tiny bit than when I got it. Could use some grease.

Understand this is just my opinion but, that freewheel is now junk. BTW, I have a brand new, never used ULTRA HEAVY DUTY FREEWHEEL from SBP I would sell you for $75.00. They are $119.95 on SBP website. If you or anyone is interested PM me.
it's fine man. No way. That's like half of my life savings. Even the 9 Dolla one off Amazon was a little pricey. They spin great and the wobble was there originally, it's only 1mm or less.

Back