225cc tillotson engine install advise

If the gear was flat, you could use the old style mini bike brakes. They use the gear as a disc.
The problem isn't the disc , it easily bolts onto the wheel hub 6 bolts that's it. The problem is there is no mounts to put the caliper on and the bolt on ones dont fit this style of frame. There is one spot on the upper bar it goes all the way through , I believe it's for a rear fender , I am looking to put Side Pull Cantilever brakes on it and still use the front brake mostly.

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_164044_601.jpg
    IMG_20200205_164044_601.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 213
Seeing you're painting it anyway, just weld the bracket on, If you don't have a welder or the capability take it to local muffler shop. Show them where it has to go. The local guy around here, that does my mufflers will do that kind of job for free to keep me coming back and plus he's a real gearhead too.

Seeing you're painting it anyway, just weld the bracket on, If you don't have a welder or the capability take it to local muffler shop. Show them where it has to go. The local guy around here, that does my mufflers will do that kind of job for free to keep me coming back and plus he's a real gearhead too.
I have a few machine shops in my town, and my favorite one has done a couple 5 minute weld jobs for me for free. I only go to him with my business :D.

I have a few machine shops in my town, and my favorite one has done a couple 5 minute weld jobs for me for free. I only go to him with my business :D.
I used to work in a machine shop fairly close to me, I know the welders there and the CNC guys . If anything I can have them make me a top mount as well as brake caliper mounts. Already put it into motion I would just need to add brake mounts to the order.

I ride motorcycle as well. Probably more than most people, 7 to 10 thousand miles a year. I put a new set of tires on every spring. I rarely use my rear brake, just down shift and front brake. It is nice to have there though just in case that's for sure.

So here's the question of the day... should I go to a larger rear sprocket? Or use the 11t to 44t it has now? I live in Seattle, there's hella hills here, IF I decide to take it off the Island.

You're using a 40/41 chain, right? The drive sprockets get pretty big, I have a 60t on my kart and it's huge.
A 54t might fit without too many issues though.

You're using a 40/41 chain, right? The drive sprockets get pretty big, I have a 60t on my kart and it's huge.
A 54t might fit without too many issues though.
Yes I am using a 40 chain fits the gokart Parts I have been putting into it. I also need to quiet it down. I guess a big a#$ sprocket would look nice. But then I have a slow a$% start and crazy top end?

The bigger the sprocket the less top end, but better out of the hole. That's why I said a 54 tooth, would probably give you the best hill climbing without sacrificing too much top end. You have to set the idle at like 2000 rpm, if it seems like it wants to creep forward but doesn't then it's set right.

Back