24" wheels w/ 3" tires on 26" frame?

jeffh

Local time
7:37 AM
Anybody running this setup?
I ask because I want to use a wide tire on my build but I'm not sure how they will look. I imagine that they would look more proportional to the frame and wheelbase compared to 26"x 3".

Thanks

I ask because I want to use a wide tire on my build but I'm not sure how they will look. I imagine that they would look more proportional to the frame and wheelbase compared to 26"x 3".

Thanks
regardless of dia once you go wider than 2.5" your chain line hits the tire and requires an offset mounting system to correct as well as spacing the rear sproket out closer to the dropout.

regardless of dia once you go wider than 2.5" your chain line hits the tire and requires an offset mounting system to correct as well as spacing the rear sproket out closer to the dropout.

That's one aspect I hadn't thought of.
I'll have the pro's at my local bike shop order the parts and build the set.
I guess they'll figure it out for me!

Thanks

I like 24" wheels! I think they look better and allow better seat height. Just look out when you take corners! You could catch a pedal!

You can find 2.25" wide 24" tires. Problem solved!

Back