4 Stroke Engine basics

You know, funny thing I just thought of: if you did it just right, you could use the piece that you will have to cut out of the length of the sleeve to make room for the new woodruff key AS the new woodruff key. Now THAT would be slick! And funny, too, for some reason, although I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is that is so funny about that.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
No problem, that's what we are all here for. I have a saying, that in my own experience, the secret to happiness is leaning to sort the occasional good idea from an endless body of bad ones. Internet discussion forums are one of the greatest ideas mankind as ever come up with. It marks a distinct step forward in human evolution. A cyberspace where like minded people can put their heads together on any subject under the sun that anyone could possibly be interested in. More heads are always better, and sometimes ideas take on lives of their own, right before your eyes. Someone has a crazy idea, but doesn't know if it will work or not, and a few more heads chime in, and all of a sudden something wonderful happens, that idea becomes a plan, with a direction that will bring it to life.
I worked as a mechanic's helper for five years before I went to college, and got my own degree and started my own business, to learn my chops, and to make sure it was what I wanted to do. And that mechanic was also my best friend. Anyway, he bought a beautiful black IROC Z28, and decided to put a really cool, state of the art looking digital dash cluster in the car, which was a project in itself. When we finally got it installed and working, he finally tells me, "You know the only thing now is I can't figure out how we are going to be able to calibrate the speedometer accurately". And I had an idea, "I know, we have a state of the art diagnostic machine, we can plug into the data link under the dash, and use the data stream from the vehicle speed sensor. Then all we have to do is take the car for a drive". "WOW" he said, "That is a good idea. But you know what? I got an even better one. Let's just jack the rear axle up on stands, to get the wheels off the ground, and put it in gear. That way we don't have to drive anywhere!" Holy smokes, now that was a good idea. Two heads are always better than one, that was the perfect idea, just came out of nowhere. From no idea to the perfect idea, in one discussion. The power the internet gives us is amazing!

Back