79cc Lifan Engine Mods?

See post #32.
Ok thank you šŸ¤˜

Post #32 is not a GY6, itā€™s an E22 based Pitbike clone engine. The GY6 with itā€™s built in CVT transmission is pretty long overall, even the short case, (25.6ā€). As a point of reference if you measure a straight line from the gusset on the Phatmoto frame tube (up by the head tube) to the rear tire it comes out to roughly 26ā€. Now if you could somehow mount the engine to where you could stab the GY6 drive axle through the existing Phatmoto jackshaft mount (bearings) then flip the rear wheel around to right side drive you would really be on to something! If you need any other ā€œroughā€ measurements from the Phatmoto to see if an engine swap is possible just let me know and Iā€™ll break out my tape measure.

08365EE9-BFC3-4710-B0D2-DF4A7D51C523.jpeg

Last edited:
Post #32 is not a GY6, itā€™s an E22 based Pitbike clone engine. The GY6 with itā€™s built in CVT transmission is pretty long overall, even the short case, (25.6ā€). As a point of reference if you measure a straight line from the gusset on the Phatmoto frame tube (up by the head tube) to the rear tire it comes out to roughly 26ā€. Now if you could somehow mount the engine to where you could stab the GY6 drive axle through the existing Phatmoto jackshaft mount (bearings) then flip the rear wheel around to right side drive you would really be on to something! If you need any other ā€œroughā€ measurements from the Phatmoto to see if an engine swap is possible just let me know and Iā€™ll break out my tape measure.
My 50cc atv motor has GY6 on every part inside. Same configuration just different trans.

My 50cc atv motor has GY6 on every part inside. Same configuration just different trans.

Thatā€™s nice, however I believe Kpete was asking about a 150cc GY6 fitting on the Phatmoto.

Although the 150 GY6 and 125 E22 clone engines both share a horizontal cylinder configuration other than that they are completely different animals, with the GY6 measuring almost 8ā€ longer overall than the E22.

Go back to post #32, take a look at how the 125 engine is angled and fills the Phatmoto frame triangle then tell us if you think the 150 GY6 will fit with the additional 8ā€. Maybe with the final drive wrapped around the seat tube, or with the GY6 output shaft through the existing Phatmoto jackshaft mount? Iā€™d love to have a GY6 engine to do a mockup. It would be sweet if you could figure out how to mount it, engines are cheap and thereā€™s a ton of aftermarket parts available.

AAF9C731-FEF6-4594-95A2-FC33C0A402CC.jpeg

5CD1F719-4B88-4224-A7CF-97CD81CB716C.jpeg

Last edited:
A 171cc big bore gy6 on a phatmoto frame that oughta fly. Can use the jackshaft location as one of the mounts and use risers on the flat plate.
https://www.monsterscooterparts.com...TJ9wfZyRKGPWGJRBe3istCWrUt80k5zUaAiuBEALw_wcB

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
A 171cc big bore gy6 on a phatmoto frame that oughta fly. Can use the jackshaft location as one of the mounts and use risers on the flat plate.
https://www.monsterscooterparts.com...TJ9wfZyRKGPWGJRBe3istCWrUt80k5zUaAiuBEALw_wcB
I wonder how one would fit in a felt chief?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Looks like it will
I have a felt chief. I almost don't want to add an engine... I don't have the original wheels, but I got a 3 speed aftermarket 26" set with a spare nexus 3 speed hub instead. I can get original rims but think it's a downgrade unless refurbishing to original. I think my $750 huffy cranbrook says I turn this chief into something stupid that I could get a motorcycle on. I'm already thinking about dumping monies to have a second bottom bracket welded in.
Edit: My $750 cranbrook is before motorized parts.

Real men don't facebook or twitter. I have the 2 friends I need and one of them is my wife.

I've heard there is some good deals on there once in awhile.

Real men don't facebook or twitter. I have the 2 friends I need and one of them is my wife.

I've heard there is some good deals on there once in awhile.
Let me guess the other is your dog, lol. Itā€™s just a small group of us owners and enthusiast. Iā€™ve cross posted to try and lure folks over here to the forum but not much luck. Seems most post in groups are all done by phone on the fly these days. And there are always some good deals, trades, parts swapping going on in the Group but most of all good help and advise, especially for the new owner.

This was a pretty good deal, I think one of the members who got his bike stolen took him up on the offer...

F4F529D0-FF85-4B05-B884-53FDD90F4DC0.jpeg

Back