80/66 cc engine not starting

I know your motor is fairly new...in your case, make sure that you always measure your oil and gas in a gas can...NOT the gas tank since it wont be accurate...You will have to convert these measurements to your metric system.

You can safely disregard what your well meaning friend tried to guide you on as regards how much oil to use.

What you want is 4 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of gas...This will be a 32:1 gas/oil ratio...your bike will run at its best this way...I wouldnt mislead you here...I worked for over 20 years for Valvoline Oil Corporation, here on the East Coast of the USA
Thanks for the suggestion, I figured he had no clue too. It sounded really odd, and didn’t work well. Do you think if I mod the bike it can run a dirtbike track?

Thanks for the suggestion, I figured he had no clue too. It sounded really odd, and didn’t work well. Do you think if I mod the bike it can run a dirtbike track?
I converted those figures i gave you to metric...just double check to make sure im correct in the conversion...As far as dirt track riding i wouldnt know since i use mine as a road bike...but remember that with dirt track riding and the modifications that go with it, you WILL be doing more maintainence, with probably less reliability, but ask the off roaders here in the forum about that...DAMIEN

Ps...Make sure to pull your plug and clean it up from the too much oil...its probably pretty wet and black.

Last edited:
I converted those figures i gave you to metric...just double check to make sure im correct in the conversion...As far as dirt track riding i wouldnt know since i use mine as a road bike...but remember that with dirt track riding and the modifications that go with it, you WILL be doing more maintainence, with probably less reliability, but ask the off roaders here in the forum about that...DAMIEN
Sure, thanks for the tip. I also want to address that this oil problem has been really confusing to me as I don’t have much experience with engines. I trust you as you seem like a real guy with lots of knowledge and experience, but there is so much misleading information out there. I have heard all from 1/50, 1/40, 1/32, 1/30, 1/20, 1/16, and 1/12 are the correct amount so maybe now you understand why I don’t know what to do and who to trust. Even the instruction book says 1/16 in break in period. I will however drain the tank again and try the 1/32 mix.

Ps...Make sure to pull your plug and clean it up from the too much oil...its probably pretty wet and black.

To get it to run better move the clip on the carb needle up one notch.
Okay, what exacly does this do and why does it run better? (I’m trying to learn more about engines), also I have the “performance” carb, should I swap? Some people also say removing the air filter makes it go faster, and some people suggest swapping jets, what do you think?

Okay, what exacly does this do and why does it run better? (I’m trying to learn more about engines), also I have the “performance” carb, should I swap? Some people also say removing the air filter makes it go faster, and some people suggest swapping jets, what do you think?
It will let the motor run just a little leaner...DAMIEN

Dont remove air filter

Back