80's Schwinn Cruiser

Found this 80's Schwinn cruiser with new tires, pick it up for under $40. Getting ready to go through it, thinking about strapin' on a engine. PART_1434064876999_0611151619.jpg
PART_1434064829219_0611151619a.jpg

Nice find! Lots of room and classic good looks. Those bars look real comfy.
I'd like one of those with a sprung banana seat on it, and maybe a springer fork if I had the budget for it all.

Yeah, those old steel Schwinns make great MaBs. The only 2 things I myself don't like about them is their rear dropouts and lack of provisions for good brakes.

Of course, despite those remediable "flaws", they still make great bikes!

She back together and peddling fine. Not sure what to do with with her yet. Could use a Springer. I have a super rat just chillin'.
IMG_1696.jpgIMG_1693.jpgIMG_1694.jpgIMG_1695.jpgIMG_1696.jpgIMG_1698.jpgIMG_1699.jpgIMG_1700.jpgIMG_1701.jpg

Looks like new, Leroy! That didn't take long. A springer would look great on it. I had a 20" Stingray in 1968. It was gold and white with a chrome fork, 3 speed hub and a silver metalflake banana seat. Had a long shifter on the top tube so I put a 99 cent 8-ball knob on it. As a kid my friends and I lived on bikes. We'd hang out on the street corner, loitering and lollygagging around using the bikes for mobile lawnchairs.
Your bike reminds me of those days. My bike had a square profile cheater slick with 2 tread grooves running around it. Everything had to look like a hotrod, whether it worked well or not. They even had a Stingray with a steering wheel. I never saw one anyplace but at the bike shop.

That's going to be a really cool bike, even has the original name plate and stuff.
Are you planning to use a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke on it?

I would be tempted to add a derailleur and stick shifter on it to go with the springer fork. It will be a big hit at the Tour de Fat or Critical Mass ride as is.

Back