A full blown motorcycle from a bike

If i were going to build a motorized bike for max speed, I would start with a bonafide downhill mountain bike, like an RM7, Trek Diesel, etc. In downhill bikes, strength has priority over light weight.

if you have to go that fast...

your dumb to be doing it on a motorized bike. Just get a real bike at that point....

Agreed. IMO motorized bicycles fit a nice niche as low speed vehicles that (hopefully) fly beneath the radar while in many places requiring minimal registration and expense. Why spoil a good thing?

Want to go fast? No problem, get a real motorcycle and have at it. I don't get the attraction of toying with a bicycle with pedals to make a fake motorcycle.

Want to go fast? No problem, get a real motorcycle and have at it. I don't get the attraction of toying with a bicycle with pedals to make a fake motorcycle.
Just a Felt slant bicycle frame stuffed with a 212 cc hopped up motor.
Great wheels, tires and brakes.
Weighs about 110 lbs with 12 hp.

The attraction is we are racing them on Go Kart Tracks and it is an
absolute blast!!! :D
Not recommended for street use.

#3 race bike built by scotto and too much fun to ride.

460b6608.jpg

The attraction is we are racing them on Go Kart Tracks and it is an
absolute blast!!! :D
Not recommended for street use.

It may not be for me but I recognize it's really none of my business. It appears you've done the legwork and met the stipulations of offering the venue of a sanctioned event in a legal and organizational framework on a closed track, IE: private property, for interested enthusiasts so I can only applaud the effort and wish you well. Personally I'd like to see an even more definitive statement from racing organizations than "not recommended" when discussing bikes like the one pictured for use on the street as we both know they're not going to pass legal muster in most places and to disabuse readers from thinking it's something they might be able to get away with.

Back