announcement of illegal and non-EPA engines

Bill, I just don't like threats. And very capable of handling anything that comes my way.
I am no longer a moderator by MY choice. Not anyone elses.
One thing I have never asked you before; can you give me a link that states 2 stroke tanakas, gebes, etc are complaint with 2008 regulations?

As I said before, by advocating strict enforcement of regulation; what you are doing is simply digging your own grave. Even if it is compliant now, your engine wont be complaint for much longer.

As per above poster, the only engines that would be safe from EPA laws for the years/decades to come is electronic fuel injected catalyzed engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
my personal belief is, a few people are gonna fu*k it up for all the rest of us
I am done and have said my piece
as of right now, I don't think I will be signing back on
(when I cool off, I may change my mind, but am not planning on it)
anybody wants to ask me a question or talk to me can msn me
azkronic at hotmail.com
or e-mail me
azkronic at cox.net

my personal belief is, a few people are gonna fu*k it up for all the rest of us

Enjoy it while it lasts. I knew it would eventually regulated out of existence one day, by people who don't understand the ramifications of their actions; whether its riding recklessly on major roads at high speed or helping the EPA enforce its regulations.

With this said, I support the vendors pushing for a phasing out of all 2 strokes in favour of 4 stroke because the 2 strokes are indeed very dirty.

A 4 stroke happytime would be fantastic even with the same shoddy quality.

pleeeese take a chill pill

PEOPLE, I like to watch a fight like every other guy I know . But its totaly diffrent , When its two friends killing each other. As for the "non compliant " HT motors, think grand father clause. There are still 50s vintage cars running around with no emisios devices on them.
Yes I likt the idea of "smog legal" motors, but i know as soon as they do that the fuel econemy goes down.
In other words, if poeple are selling ilegal engines eventualy they will get cought. If they sell you one saying it is emisions legal and it is not report it as the fraud it is. I had no questions about how smog legal my engine is, I know my little motor pets out less emisions than a comeracail weed wacker. there are alot more of those out there than ht motors...

I can't speak for Tom, and I don't know if his announcement was rushed into being because of some heated discussion going on. But the main thing is that as members, we have to carefully nurture this movement in the right direction before motorbike engine kits get legislated out of existence. The HT engine fits the bill for a lot of people for several reasons, including lower cost. Catalyst exhausts are now becoming available from China for these kits, I'm told. I'm not saying that HT owners need to run out and buy these exhausts, but it's a good idea for the vendors to consider bringing these in as part of their kits, in an effort to move the engines towards EPA compliance. It may cost more, but it's a step in the right direction if we want to keep the government off our backs. We certainly don't want to invite them to police us any more than they already do, and I feel that improper importation of kits without the catalyst will make government interference more likely. To some, compliance might be a dirty word, but I feel that it's the only way the motored bike movement can move forward and stay healthy.
So, in short, I'm not saying that the HT engine needs to go away. Not at all. But it needs to move towards compliance with the inclusion of the new catalytic exhaust if we want to be able to continue enjoying them. I feel it's incumbent amongst the vendors to steer this favorite little engine in the right direction.

SPUN> We do not need "authorities" telling us how to live.
If you feel they are smarter than you, then I can go with that. FOR YOU!
Not for me. Buy a FORD EPA CERTIFIED F250 and be correct! ie (what is your point) 80cc???

If you need athority in your life, DO NOT BRING IT TO motoredBikes.........mmmmmmmkaaaayy
WE ARE GREENER THAN YOUR EPA CERTIFIED ESCALADE.

A

Last edited:
"Today, all Tanaka products comply with EPA phase 2 regulations and all Tanaka product groups are C.A.R.B Tier II compliant." from http://www.tanaka-usa.com/index.php?section=38

"GEN II 50cc EPA approved:
Gen II-A 58cc EPA approved:
Standard StarFire 66cc EPA approved
Note; For other than USA markets the Gen II / Gen IIA and Standard GT4 so called 80cc/70cc engines are available without Catalytic mufflers at a substantial cost saving using standard chrome mufflers." from http://grubeeinc.com/

It looks like both companies are jumping thru the EPA's hoops to be compliant, legal or what ever. We will destroy a good thing and will be walking soon if we cannot be responsible and reasonable. Bill and Iron Monkey have the measure of this and Al Gore/Ralph Nader are wrong.

The history of man is an interesting thing to study and it often repeats itself. Adolf Hitler was elected and became oppressive only with the consent of Germany. Communism and Fascism are both very destructive and not a pleasant lifestyle, but we can vote either one into power and will live with their control. If we really have no self control and ability to do what is right then we deserve to walk.

A free people has to be a good people and informed. Sheeple are not informed but go along with a party line and do not really think and are easily controlled. Be a free people, be good and think not just follow.

Back