What kind of motor and size?

MileHighJah

Local time
5:35 AM
Hello, I just bought this bike off Facebook marketplace for pretty cheap and the guy selling it didn’t know much about it. Could somebody help me figure out the size and brand of motor. Never really played with a 2 stroke so don’t really know much. Just want to make sure i am doing things properly for what it needs. Definitely think I am going to rerun the wires and such since it looks like a giant mess. Any info would be appreciated thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpeg
    IMG_1710.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1709.jpeg
    IMG_1709.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1708.jpeg
    IMG_1708.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1707.jpeg
    IMG_1707.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1706.jpeg
    IMG_1706.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1705.jpeg
    IMG_1705.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1704.jpeg
    IMG_1704.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 80
Hello, I just bought this bike off Facebook marketplace for pretty cheap and the guy selling it didn’t know much about it. Could somebody help me figure out the size and brand of motor. Never really played with a 2 stroke so don’t really know much. Just want to make sure i am doing things properly for what it needs. Definitely think I am going to rerun the wires and such since it looks like a giant mess. Any info would be appreciated thank you.
It looks like a yd-100 or possibly a cdh 110. Measure your 4 cylinder studs widths.

Measure front to back, left to right, & diagonally on the 4 cylinder studs.

List measurements in millimeters. Thanks

It looks like a yd-100 or possibly a cdh 110. Measure your 4 cylinder studs widths.

That's definitely a YD100. The YD transfer shape on the case halves is trainagular. The CDH110 are more square shaped.
As mentioned previously, that is a motor known as a YD100. As for what brand, that can be anybodies guess. They get sold under a hundred brands, but they are all more or less identical. In China Centimeters they are "100cc" but in western metric numbers they are a 78.54cc engine

Yup, as stated that's a yd100. From what I've seen a little bit of port timing correction, port work, and a good tune they make a decent motor.

You should re torque the head, get a new intake gasket, and make sure that plug is tight. It looks like there are a few leaks. After that you should adjust the clutch. It should run decent after that.

Are there any issues you are having or are you just wanting to know what it was?

So this is probably not 100% accurate but I got 50 mm from left to right and up and down and then 70 mm diagonally. The only tape measure I had was pretty beat up which is why I am saying it’s not 100% accurate.

Yup, as stated that's a yd100. From what I've seen a little bit of port timing correction, port work, and a good tune they make a decent motor.

You should re torque the head, get a new intake gasket, and make sure that plug is tight. It looks like there are a few leaks. After that you should adjust the clutch. It should run decent after that.

Are there any issues you are having or are you just wanting to know what it was?
Oh man haha so for one the front tire on it is too big for the frame. Tire was flat when I got it so I didn’t notice when pushing it into the garage but I filled the tires up to test it and the front tire at 40psi rubs the forks. I deflated the tire a bit so that it could move through the forks just to find out that it doesn’t start. Check the spark plug it looks alright, not the best but not bad, checked it for spark and I got some spark. Not sure if it’s enough or not but it was there and now I am not sure what to check next. Found a list of things online that I might run down or just wait for a response on this.

Oh man haha so for one the front tire on it is too big for the frame. Tire was flat when I got it so I didn’t notice when pushing it into the garage but I filled the tires up to test it and the front tire at 40psi rubs the forks. I deflated the tire a bit so that it could move through the forks just to find out that it doesn’t start. Check the spark plug it looks alright, not the best but not bad, checked it for spark and I got some spark. Not sure if it’s enough or not but it was there and now I am not sure what to check next. Found a list of things online that I might run down or just wait for a response on this.
Torque the head bolts to 144 inch pounds and replace the intake gasket. That should get ya in the right direction

alright let me see if I can get my hands on a torque wrench. Where would I get a gasket from? Is that something I’d have to do online?

So this is probably not 100% accurate but I got 50 mm from left to right and up and down and then 70 mm diagonally. The only tape measure I had was pretty beat up which is why I am saying it’s not 100% accurate.
Yep it's a yd-100 if you need to order parts down the road.

Back