anyone recognise this engine?

My reduction box is exactly 5:1 headsmess, it has helical cut rotation reversing gears not a chain. 11:44 after the trans and a 460 for power

sounds like a hoot... sure it came from a pocket rocket specifically? then again, different country, different supplies...

cant agree more on the walbro and the pipe. the pipe will be the biggest improvement.

ive given up wasting money. ima saving up for some of these babies!

http://www.denardisengines.com/50cc.html

for the price of 3 HT kits, get one REAL engine :) that are bulletproof :)

ZIPPING

That engine you last referenced where they have no image of it is the same engine that you have with the $15. aluminum rewind starter cover. That alum cover is a good item, the original covers break easily. That seller has made over 60,000 transactions on E-bay and has no image of that engine, seems strange to me.

The 3.25:1 ratio tranny`s are a pita and junk, mho. There is a model with a double #25 chain, not much better. They do take the same 6 splined sprockets as the 5:1 reverse rotation gear box.

Your motor with the 5:1 ratio tranny is the best set up of any option only two other options. The Q-matic sold by Q Gunther the Whizzer go to guy, think he made a model for your clutch. Also the 4g sold by maybe "bicycleengines.com."

Think you will need to be geared for 20 mph or less to climb that long hill, and that will be very bad for gas mileage if you ride much.

A nabor helped me build my first motorbike 63 years ago when I was 11. Rode it all over the county. Cost 4 penny`s to fill the tank, back when gas smelled a lot better.

The 5:1 usually sells for 25-35 usd. Bought several engines with the gear box on with a sprocket also, several have the electric starter that is also a high out-put generator.

Do you plan on riding it a lot, like main transportation?

Remember, I`m just trying to help like the rest of the members. I don`t sell anything.

Ron P S can you post a good pic of DS frame?-

sounds like a hoot... sure it came from a pocket rocket specifically? then again, different country, different supplies...

cant agree more on the walbro and the pipe. the pipe will be the biggest improvement.

ive given up wasting money. ima saving up for some of these babies!

http://www.denardisengines.com/50cc.html

for the price of 3 HT kits, get one REAL engine :) that are bulletproof :)

I bought the trans new from pocketbikeparts.com for $29.95 + shipping. it says " for 33, 43 & 49 cc engines" but it will work on any 78mm clutched engine, they are common on mini choppers and pocket bikes. I sourced some other parts from TNCscooters.com as well. I have a lot of GoPed experience and I am loving the beefy look of the 8mm chain and sprockets compared to the #25 goped chain. 43 mph right out of the box :D gotta love the 460 for power. Too bad the clutch is bogus :(

the starter and the high output generator. ok, now i know what boxes you guys are referring to. once again country i guess. they only seem to come fitted on buggies over here, usually stuck to the side of a 50cc 4 poppa. didna think of that.

only seen one close up, didnt get to play with it. usual stuff.

i shall shut up now :)

i came across the goped liquimatic the other day. nice idea, shame its not a real torque convertor though :(

there is 3 images of the engine i last referenced on ebay its awesome looking! dunno why it didn't load for you. yes it would be my only transportation as i'm banned from holding a license of any kind! i'll post a pic of the bike in a bit i presume DS is dual suspension?

Attachments

• DSC01585a.JPG
    DSC01585a.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
ZIPPING

Because it the frame style of your bike it is difficult to install a DIY shift kit, that is why I wanted to see pic of it.

Was going to suggest that you know exactly how and what your plan is before you buy too many items that won`t be needed.

The picture attached is not a link, it is a picture using Windows Snipping tool. John has went out of business shortly after he designed the combo drive, a buyer was supposed to take it over but it never happened.

The combo drive is versatile, many options in configuring it. Recommend that you watch his u tube vids, very well done. The motor is mounted on the right side, friction drive mounts motor on left as the roller runs in reverse rotation.

If you build a shifter bike you will never regret it. When I rode mine, would bust out laughing while shifting thru the gears, the motor is kept in its power range and thinks it is a big boy! That is with the Titan 49cc 4 stroke. Your 2 cycle may be better as it fires on every stroke. you only pedal when you desire and you can cost down your long hill with the motor idling or off.

The motor you referenced has the same bell housing and small sprocket, but has been updated with a tiny outer support bearing, like a band aid.

Was looking on eBay to see what the 5:1 box is selling for. "rose26a" has the nice 49cc upright 2 stroke with electric start and the gear box with sprocket @ $136 plus $10 shipping. Would need a $10 11 tooth 8mm sprocket for shifter build, a 72 tooth 8mm on the pedals for $10.50.

This engine has the nice carburetor with the built in diaphragm fuel pump and has covered muffler. Then you would have a cag motor that would replace it if needed.

Less than $100. more for the free wheel bearing and crank, chain and mount. B u t you need a frame similar to mine where the motor mounts. The green mounts are less than $10 for all three and the 1/4" alum plate was $10. Use the hard alum, can`t be bent but drills so smooth with a with a 1 3/8" hole saw for the tranny.

Hope this is not taken as being pushy, just to give you info on your options, it is hard for a new builder to decide. "rose26a" is in the USA, don`t know about shipping to you. A few years ago had an order with "rose26a" over $300 with shipping, sent a message for the best deal, they knocked near or over $100. off.

Last week bought 15 threaded one piece split collars for $30. They are 3/4" NCT, they were listed for $10. per 5 collars and $5. shipping. Asked for his best price, he dropped the $15.00 sh.

In e bay, searched for 49cc engine and rose was about second one. They have been around before I started in 2007.

Happy Hunting, enjoy your build.

Ron

^^^best advice^^^

it gets down to this really... the engine you have needs some research and work to fit. they are always a bit of a stop gap, hanging off the side or chains everywhere with extra wide cranks cus the engine box and starter are so wide in the frame. rack mounting on a "cheap" suspension frame as pictured, they feel really flimsy.

if you feel up to the challenge, you are only young and thinking back on what i was making at that age... go for it. but you really should be able to weld, own at least a drill press and bench grinder, and possibly attempt a few other builds first... not mandatory, but it does make a job look somehwat better, a nice weld rather than an ugly piece of steel tek screwed and riveted in place... pride in your work and all that.

otherwise, if you just want something cheap that will run and fit a normal frame, just get a HT kit. then you have transport WHILE you develop the CAG drive :) you also get to learn more about the engines and what things tend to go wrong...

the redux box you have the link too, thats the 3:1 chain drive i talk about, NOT the 5:1 gear that chevy is referring to.
ive come across two kinds with chain, one was built like a brick :poop:house, the other one relied on a gear being pressed onto an 8mm shaft to act as a "shoulder" for the bearing. one tap and it was ruined. identical on the outside!

What to build

Drill a few holes in a alum plate should be doable , then assemble it all. Was easiest build done by me.

Attached a couple images of my 50cc 9 horse power Morrini with the 1 1/8" exhaust port, very large for 50cc bore. It is too big physically for that frame, so it lays on the bench.

Up grading to better wheels is a good thing on any bicycle, rim brakes are good until the rims wear too much.

Use ATV thumb throttles on all my builds. They have idle adjustment and full throttle adjuster and smooth, not the junk twist throttles out there.

Ron

Attachments

• 100_1246.jpg
    100_1246.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_1242.jpg
    100_1242.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_1252.JPG
    100_1252.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 101_1667.jpg
    101_1667.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 101_1665.JPG
    101_1665.JPG
    317.1 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Zipping

Did click on that link again today and the image did load. It is the same as yours with a kit, which should be 52cc. Mine is, have to keep the head bolts tight, and they strip.

Have all the tranny`s mentioned in this thread of yours. The 5:1 reverse rotation is the only one of the bunch worth using. Took it apart to use center finder punch to transfer bolt pattern on a piece of aluminum, then use it as a pattern. The center finders look like a metal rack of drill bits up to 1/2" dia and fit the holes snug with a center punch on the ends.

Thought you mite like my other pics. Pm me anytime.

Ron

Attachments

• 52CC CVT.jpg
    52CC CVT.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 100_0881.JPG
    100_0881.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 101_1886.jpg
    101_1886.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 175
  • RONS  YAMA  & 70 MACH I.jpg