Are Gas MB Really Necessary When Compared To Electrics?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
They will still never be cleaner than fossil fuels at this time. You realize how much energy it takes to make the battery alone? It will never store and give to a vehicle even close to what it took to make it. Not to mention the pollution and destruction to get to the lithium. They last a few years at best, then need to be changed. Right now and for the foreseeable future electric is 10x's worse in energy consumption from start to finish and for pollution caused. Just because you don't see the pollution doesn't mean it ain't there. They just move where it is, while causing more damage, and burning more fuel to make it.
Not until the young people that hold the future of our old carcasses come up with another form of energy or simply another way to use
what we already have in a better way. I hope our young ones do just that with a quickness.
And here is "Brandon" and his cronies trying to convince all of us that electric vehicles of all sorts are totally non polluting, sustainable, and the only way to go...lol...lol...Despite the fact that most common people cannot afford to buy them to begin with compared to gas powered vehicles...When "Brandon" and his crew speak, just remember to "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain"...lol..."The great and powerful OZ has spoken"...lol.

I love the idea of electric vehicles of all sorts, but they are nowhere near making it sustainable, They still will need oil and natural gas and coal to power the electric companies to recharge these things, there is not enough rare earth material to make them batteries universally attainable by all who would want them, and certainly not affordable to the vast world wide population...All these politicians know that already but are all too busy taking turns sucking on Hunter Bidens crack pipe to care about telling the truth...lol.

To the posters original question, for powered bicycles, the consumer has spoken, it's overwhelmingly electric. If that changes, we are ahead of the curve with our little gas bicycle engines, and knowledge of them. :)

it's overwhelmingly electric
Really???...World wide there are more gas bikes in existence than electrics at this moment, let me know when that changes because that would have to include drastic price reductions as well as better battery life and longevity and rare earth material that is..Well, very rare...lol...That hasn't happened yet,

And as for the "the consumer has spoken", Please cite your sources for this statement as evidence of this because I would like to know all about this myself...lol.

I interpreted the poster to be referring to motorized bikes (conversions with pedals), not gas scooters and motorcycles, worldwide especially in Asia Europe and India they vastly outnumber e-bikes currently. The current trend for e bike sales in the US is crazy, my local bike shops can't get enough of them in, ask them about a gas motorized bicycle, and if they're under 50 years old they don't even know what you're talking about. The gas scooter shop in my area now stocks e-bikes. Electric rideables in general are becoming mainstream, if you watch any sports channels they always include One Wheel commercials. No retailers even carry motorized bicycles, go into any Walmart, Costco, Best Buy etc. and you can walk out with an e bike.

No retailers even carry motorized bicycles,
That would be because they have no intention of servicing gas bikes for their customers...Retail outlets have always wanted to just sell things "off the rack" and forget it...They don't want the hassle of returns and money back to customers because they do not have the mechanical know how for proper maintenence, not to mention liability issues they can get hit with...lol....That is why we buy kits and build them ourselves and maintain them, because We Can...lol...Those who can't, SHOULD be buying the electrics and pay the high price for the ease of maintaining them which is usually just buying and replacing batteries, like they do with their TV remote controls...lol.

To the posters original question, for powered bicycles, the consumer has spoken, it's overwhelmingly electric. If that changes, we are ahead of the curve with our little gas bicycle engines, and knowledge of them. :)
Most people can't afford electric. It's why there are only a few electrics around, and millions and millions of gas MB. An with CA banning all gas powered lawn equipment, the world won't even have enough batteries for electric cars, let alone a bicycle. There isn't even enough lithium to get all of CA switched to battery powered lawn equipment. Plenty of aluminum though, one of the most abundant materials on the earth.

Where you ride makes a difference. I guess what you ride, too, as all I rode for a couple of years was a trike, hard to motorize, kick-ass electrified.

But now I'm on uprights, riding everywhere, I need a fleet.

Out here, lots of off-road, one greenway easy to pedal thru, lots of open roads, I lean to my m/b. Especially winter, its like a little heater...and batteries don't like cold. Local towns, its cool, and enough noise to get seen. OMG can't see taking my ebike thru some of the crap I rode thru this winter.

Down in the city? Too many bike paths, greenways, parks where m/b not permitted pedristrians who expect YOU to see them, m/b useless. I can imagine hell I'd get warming it up 3 floors below in a parking dungeon just to get out.
Willing to go 15mph, paths can take you thru the city. Wanna go faster? Take a lane, add some leg to your 750W, you can hang with traffic.

So, you need one of each at least.
Couple of spares ain't bad either.

I got a call from a film company that came into town looking for a rental electric bike.. I have only ever ridden an electric bike a couple times, and someone calls me saying someone in town said I build them... they must've not noticed my 14,000 rpm screaming rat.. for almost two years I've been Zenaoh mounted.

Most people dont seem to know what they want, one guy I worked with had an e bike, then the hub went out from water damage, I offered to sell him my kit, he buys a mini bike 160cc for $200 more than my kit costs, then 2.5 months later the chain went out, then the clutch went out and he got his money back. He is now pedaling a regular bicycle. (granted he has had major surgery and is trying to speed up his commute)

In that year span of his e bike having problems, then his mini bike. I have only ever had to change a fuel filter and airfilter in that time.

That whole year I rode and would see him and just cruise by with my trouble free friction drive.

Some people want to spend 3-5Gs on a bike and just have the shop deal with the problems.

I think our society would benefit if people stop thinking in this way and started building and fixing on their own.

It would encourage less spending, more education and would shift the market for production back home as people take on the task of producing products and parts for ease of service and to replace all this crap people buy and services they complain cost to much.

I do lawn maintenance for a living, and we are always getting high dollar customers trying to "cut" us down on prices by asking for more than they pay for, or demanding the job isn't what was told they would be getting. Every single day. Some of these property owners are so bad about this that none of the other 12 landscaping companies will provide a service for them and are on a list of trouble making owners.

My point is, bring it back home, get people back into the idea of building your own stuff and let's curb the consumer demand from china. This starts with buying American made American flags... not china made.

Back