Are the 89$ ebay 66cc engine kits ok

Im looking for a cheap temporary engine that will get me to work and back for about 3 to 4 months any ideas im a big guy at 245 pounds so it needs to be 66cc or bigger any help would be awesome

The eBay junk generic no-name engine kit is all we get on my side of the pond. Idk why. I am doing okay with it but it takes some modifications.
https://motoredbikes.com/threads/what-every-noob-needs-to-read.34942/

The Grubee GT5 engine I think comes with the "complete kit", but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure the Zeda is engine only for $109 but maybe they do a kit too. I wouldn't start with an eBay kit if I had the option, it isn't cheaper than the branded engines once you do the essential modifications to make it work, like upgrading the studs.

Zeda has the full kit for 139. Bicycle-Engines.Com, the same. May be some slight diff. in shipping costs. At 245 you might want to contact them before ordering and make sure that your getting the 44 tooth sprocket. If it is very hilly where you live and top speed is not a major concern you may even go larger with the rear sprocket. The reason I recommend the Zedas is they are a fairly strong engine stock out of the box.

Well I have most of what I would need to get it doing good from my previous engine I was think in about just swapping the bottom end out due to crank bearings failing its trashed would that engine be ok for that

Well I have most of what I would need to get it doing good from my previous engine I was think in about just swapping the bottom end out due to crank bearings failing its trashed would that engine be ok for that
I couldn't give a sure answer to that without having everything in front of me. What caused the bearing failure? What does the top end look like? Blah blah blah. Buy a bottom end and use old parts risking something going wrong with the old parts and trashing the new bottom end, or buying a new engine for 25% more $109.00 and not worrying about it. I know which one I would chose, but it's your choice.

The cylinder and head is in excellent condition i had already ported the cylinder and the head isnt stock its a cnc high compresion head i thing its a 6 as for the bearings i dont know what happened the studs i have are new and my exhaust is a modified yz80 and a cns carb is all i would try to reuse

The cylinder and head is in excellent condition i had already ported the cylinder and the head isnt stock its a cnc high compresion head i thing its a 6 as for the bearings i dont know what happened the studs i have are new and my exhaust is a modified yz80 and a cns carb is all i would try to reuse
I would get the Zeda engine for $109 if I were you. They have good studs and bolts, and there's nothing wrong with having a spare cylinder ready to go. :)
Buying an eBay generic means replacing all the studs in the bottom end straight away.. possibly balance work too if it's less counterweighted than the Zeda.. I think the Zeda has 8mm mount studs too and wide spaced front mount.

You can buy just the Zeda 80 bottom end if that's all you want for $85...it's priced the same as the complete cheap eBay motor but going with the version for $109 gets you a spare piston and cylinder as well as stainless steel hex head bolts and a much better balanced bottom end which helps a great deal with bearing life.

Last edited:
The best kit i got was ebay which was my first. I bouggt 2 others from others venders nothing but problems but like they say its a crap shoot

Back