are there any good head light kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness I asked, I did not know about the focus issue.

Ed

Hi Guys
I use two cateye el530 headlight next to each other on the handlebars AWSOME lighting,Use rechargable batteries and these run forever with bright light.
This cateye el530 mixed with eneloop rechargeable batteries looks to be the lighting answer I've been waiting for. In fact, any battery powered light would be great with eneloop batteries. These batteries last forever, because they don't discharge as fast as most rechargeables do.

Hi Guys
Just installed the cygolite Hi Flux 200 to my bike. My God this light is absolutely AWSOME!!!. Tested it out tonight around the backstreets in the dark, its like riding a motorbike on high beam. Cars were flashing me to dip my lights. I tested the battery by leaving the light on as long as possible. Two days later and the darn thing is still lit, not a bright light but enough to ride in the dark. It shone ahead of my bike by about 20 feet and i could see anything on the road, i felt really safe!. I would recommend this light to anyone wanting a great headlight.
Cheerz from the Great Southern Land............Gary.

Yeah, I have been looking into getting a cygolite Hi Flux 200 myself. I have been wanting to ride at night this summer but have my doubts about how much light I need at 25 to 30 mph. The cygolite Hi Flux 200 looks like a heck of a headlight for around $104.
Mark, let us know your opinion on it when you get yours also.

Hey Gary, how does it hold up on say a country ride where its pitch black with no city lights ?

Thanks for your time and consideration, Moondog175

My guess, after looking at the Cygolite website....the ebay LED light will not even come close! :) $5 vs $104 -- either the Cygolite people are way out of line, but the picture proves they're not -- or its' going to be the best $5 spent EVER! LOL!

I have a Schwinn light on the handlebars now...never used it at night yet, but it's actually pretty darn bright, and will flash like a strobe, too...I'm probably only going to be riding during the day, so I'm more interested in visibility than the ability to cruise and see where I'm going in the dark.

I'll post a pic of both turned on and mounted when it shows up...

Mark

that cygo light i have i like it alot its not the led model mine is call rover i think ..its got the drink bottle for the battery pack 6 volts i used it alot 2 summers ago just charged it up again i have about 5 trips on it at 1hr rides still goin strong one charge .i did a side by side with there $350 model to mine the battery pac was 12v smaller and whiter looked kind of sliver and could do more like blink low battery ect.kinda cool but i dont need to upgrade customer service is great there also ohh i just use the low beam on my light here in the city when i was in the burbs i use to use high and low beams light the road up but i would think there pictures are true come to think of it

I finally received my Chinese light to go with my Happy Times kit! It came with elastic bands to fit on my head!!! The good news is that it is very bright and visible for sure...
So I will figure out a way (after cutting off the elastic) of how I will attach to the bike. It was worth the $10...can't yet tell you how long the batteries last, but it's LED...can't be that bad, eh?

A really good way of mounting flashlights or like devices to the handlebars is to take two hose clamps and oppose them. Mount one to the bar and take the other an thread it through and use that around the light. Cheap and adjustable.

You can get some really bright AA lights these days cheap and with rechargeable batteries the cost is all upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back