Athena Boardtrack Racer build

Super excited today. I just pulled the trigger on a $300 mostly built minarelli. Comes with 21mm Carb. Only offset intake manifold, reeds, balanced crank, Oz magneto, Stronger magnet, upgraded seals, HD clutch spring and 40mm rod

Not related but I am curious why bicycles never adopted #25 chain. The derailleur is beautifully simple, even when shifting is indexed. All the complexity is in the engineering and the manufacturing, never in the operation or maintenance.

With every addition of a speed in the rear mech the width of the chain and cogs had to change, why not the pitch? There's much more fidelity available compared to half inch pitch. Now it only really makes a difference on the low tooth count cogs but when racers want 5 percent jumps in gear ratios, going from 12 to 11 is a lot bigger than 24 to 23.

Cloaked, does this wet yer whistle?

1708302866275.png

The engine with Merck clutch…
Entire load relies on the integrity of the counter sprocket grub screw.

The regular CG counter sprocket is keyed but it’s also pushed on to a tapered shaft via nut.

Am I missing something here?

The engine with Merck clutch…
Entire load relies on the integrity of the counter sprocket grub screw.

The regular CG counter sprocket is keyed but it’s also pushed on to a tapered shaft via nut.

Am I missing something here?
Unless I'm mistaken that's true of all industrial power transmission, that includes mini bikes and go carts.

Back